Mega Truck Adventure review

reno3

Myself (55) DH (63) and DS (21). We decided to book the Mega Truck excursion once we were on the ship. We had never been to the Dominican so we thought it would be nice to see. Our ship was over one hour late getting into port. We were told where to meet and after about 15 minutes we were lead to the truck. We boarded and waiting for about 20 minutes. Our guide told us we were waiting for another family. The family did not show and we left the port. We got about 10 minutes on the road and we turned around because the family had shown up. Back at the port we waiting again…..we were all starting to grumbly by this time (we were already late into port so we were going to lose excursion time already). The family finally showed up and boarded the truck. Off we went, now losing about 40 minutes off of our already late departure. The roads were very bumpy and the country side was beautiful. We passed a lot of houses, people, animals. The people were very nice and would wave as we passed. There was also a lot of garbage and trash in areas. Our first stop was at a house that the men were making cigars and this was a bathroom stop also. You could purchase cigars if you like. Our next stop was at a little stand where you could purchase “trinkets” sample some local run. This was a family run operation. It looked like parents, children and older man. Again very friendly. I had some cookies (still packaged) and I offered them to the little boy and he shared them with his brother, grandfather and parents. They all seemed very happy to have them. Back on the truck and off to the beach. Included in our price we each had a lounger and umbrella which they set up for us. Lunch buffet was also included. The excursion description said we were to get a “welcome drink” also. The food was good and we had three drinks each and it was never questioned. We did have a wristband on. It would have been nice to have more time at the beach which was nice. The water was rough. We were told what time to meet at the truck and we headed back to the port, no stops on the way back. Again this is a very bumpy ride. We were also given water or soda on the truck if we wanted it. Another thing I really liked about this is the guide and driver never asked or made any reference to a “tip”. We did tip and I did see others tipping also. I don’t like when we are pressured into giving a tip on excursions. We had a good time and wish we could have had the entire 5 hours (more time at the beach). I do think it was a little over priced.

DSCF1008_zpsq3szjmit.jpg

I think my boys (13 and 16) and I may enjoy this as I am kind of at a loss on what do do in AC!

I have a few questions- hope you dont mind! :o)

How long were you at the beach?

What was the "welcome drink" and what was for lunch?

Were you able to shop at all besides the little family places you stopped at?

THANK YOU!

I think my boys (13 and 16) and I may enjoy this as I am kind of at a loss on what do do in AC!

I have a few questions- hope you dont mind! :o)

How long were you at the beach? We had about 2 hours, including lunch. We would have had more time but we lost time (I would guess we lost one hour) in getting into port late and going back for the family (as mentiond in my review).

What was the "welcome drink" and what was for lunch? Drinks...water, fruit punch, soda, orange juice. Mixed drinks were rum drinks...also a couple of different beers. Lunch was buffet style, salad, fruit, slaw salad, pasta, chicken, fish, rice and veggie, rice and beans, roasted veggie, roasted potatoes, beef. The food was good and plenty of it.

Were you able to shop at all besides the little family places you stopped at? There was a little shop at the beach also. The only other shopping was at the port which we had time to do.

Edited by reno3