Leaving Baltimore in early May sailing south

sharse

I know there are crazy swings in temperatures that cannot be predicted, but I'm wondering how comfortable it will likely be on the pool deck while we're sailing from Baltimore to Florida. (We will be on RCCL's Grandeur of the Seas).

If the temperature in Duck, NC is, say, 75 as we pass by, will it feel MUCH colder at the pool on the ship because of the winds? Can I expect to be able to sit outside and enjoy warm sunshine on that day at sea, is clearly where I'm going with this question. :D Or should I be prepared for cooler temps and that this will NOT be a day my kids will enjoy hanging out at the pool?

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I appreciate it!

I know there are crazy swings in temperatures that cannot be predicted, but I'm wondering how comfortable it will likely be on the pool deck while we're sailing from Baltimore to Florida. (We will be on RCCL's Grandeur of the Seas).

If the temperature in Duck, NC is, say, 75 as we pass by, will it feel MUCH colder at the pool on the ship because of the winds? Can I expect to be able to sit outside and enjoy warm sunshine on that day at sea, is clearly where I'm going with this question. :D Or should I be prepared for cooler temps and that this will NOT be a day my kids will enjoy hanging out at the pool?

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I appreciate it!

It's hard to say but generally it is a bit cooler out to sea because of the wind. You might be safe in expecting temperatures in the 60's to low 70's as long as there are no unexpected storms. Luckily being on the Grandeur there is the Solarium Pool that is inside under the retractable roof. If the weather is too cold or bad you can use that pool, if the outdoor pool cannot be used due to the weather the ship sets up a rotation of times that kids (under 16) can be in there to use the pool.