San Diego Old town Trolley or double decker bus?

WeRockChalkKU

We spend a lot of time in San Diego though we live in Jersey. We HAve taken many visitors on the trolley tour and they really like it. It stops at most of the big things to see and you can get off and on and make the loop. Can't speak about the bus because we never did it. Have a wonderful time in my favorite city in the world.:)

We just returned from the Monarch and took the Old Town Trolley tour. It was very enjoyable and the tour bus driver "Bob" was the best ever. He made the tour super. The tour ended in Old Town which was a great place to visit. Enjoy...

I don't have experience on the double decker bus in San Diego, but have heard great reviews on the tours that same company operates in other cities. We are planning on using that one when we are in San Diego in January, as it goes everywhere we want to go. The trolley does not have all the same stops.

I'm interested to see if anyone has used them, though.

• 4 weeks later...

We used the Old Town Trolley while staying at Lowes in Coronado. Lowes provided a free shuttle to downtown Coronado, and using a two-day pass for the Old Town Trolley allowed us to visit the zoo on on first day in SD, and Balboa Park on the second. We stayed overnight on the return at the Old Town Inn, which was within walking distance of Old Town SD. Our only regret was not allowing a few more days to enjoy SD before the cruise! There is much to see and do in SD!

The biggest differences I could see in these two choices are these:

A 2 day pass on the Old Town Trolley is $48, a 2 day pass on the double decker bus is $25.

The Trolley drives you over to Coronado, the double decker includes a pass for the ferry.

Hmmmm....I still don't know which one is better. Nobody here on on Trip Advisor seems to have much info on the bus.

I think the trolley lets you use your 2 day pass within a set number of days and the bus is a 48 hour pass. Currently, we plan to fly in 1 day pre cruise, use the trolley and then use the second day when we debark and have a late evening flight home.

Archived