Seattle airport 11:30 too early?

klee wyck

It's a 30 minute drive. $40 - $50 max, tip included.

However, you and everyone else on that ship will be headed for the airport as will that same amount of people getting OFF a plane and heading to the ship so the airport will be busy especially if it is a Friday or Saturday.

I suggest being at the airport 2 full hours before your flight to get through security.

It is an international airport and can get very busy in the summer with 2 or more cruise ships in port each week.

I agree, maler. SeaTac is a HUGE airport, and although it's pretty well run, there are long lines at both ticketing and security, plus it take awhile just to trek from one place to another. I wouldn't plan on getting there any less than 2 hours before departure.

klee wyck, it depends on when your ship docks. Figure 2-3 hours after that time before you'll be heading to the airport.

We are ending our Panama Canal cruise in Seattle in May. Will we be able to make a 11:30 flight home? How far is the airport and what is the taxi fare?

Thanks

I think a few questions to ask yourself. Does the ship you are on allow you to carry your own bags off of the ship? this would speed things up. Once you get to Seatac you can always do curb side check in and the busy days at Seatac they usually have all of the security lanes open and it makes getting to your gate much easier. The airport is about a 20 minute ride from the pier in no traffic (have the taxi take 99 not I-5). I think you could make it, but if you can carry your own bags off of the ship.

Archived