Mayan Princess May 31, 2017

jefngeo01

We visited the Mayan Princess off of Liberty of the Seas on May 31, 2017. Below are my observations.

We did beach day passes for $35 per person - we had sent them an email before we arrived, and they provided a van so the $35 included transportation and a beach chair. The pictures you see of the "condos" at Mayan Princess are not where you stay for your beach day, and the pool is not included ($10 per person more) but once I got my mind wrapped around that fact that we were next door/attached and it was the same beach I was OK. The beach is GREAT!! We were able to rent snorkel gear on the beach for 2 for $15 - and then we walked down the beach (near the buildings with the tile roofs) for some great snorkeling. We walked off the beach and had a great time. We saw some beautiful fish, but never did see large schools of fish. For me, the part I enjoyed the most was the "drop offs" in the reef. One second you are maneuvering over and around very shallow water, and the next you were swimming over a 75 foot drop off!! It was breathtaking.

Back to the beach - I do have to say that I did not like the constant (and I do mean constant) peddlers on the beach - I finally got to a point where I ignored them and tried to pretend they weren't there - but I don't have a problem being a little rude - but others in my party are always very polite, and they must have said 10,000 times - no thanks, Thanks for asking but not today etc etc etc !!!! Did I mention that it was constant??!!?!?

But overall the beach and the water were very beautiful and I loved the walk off the beach snorkeling.

After reading this paragraph to my wife, she says that I have not said enough about how beautiful the beach and water were. The sand was powdery and soft, the water was clear and calm, and an incredible blue color. Again an absolutely beautiful beach.

We visited the Mayan Princess off of Liberty of the Seas on May 31, 2017. Below are my observations.

We did beach day passes for $35 per person - we had sent them an email before we arrived, and they provided a van so the $35 included transportation and a beach chair. The pictures you see of the "condos" at Mayan Princess are not where you stay for your beach day, and the pool is not included ($10 per person more) but once I got my mind wrapped around that fact that we were next door/attached and it was the same beach I was OK. The beach is GREAT!! We were able to rent snorkel gear on the beach for 2 for $15 - and then we walked down the beach (near the buildings with the tile roofs) for some great snorkeling. We walked off the beach and had a great time. We saw some beautiful fish, but never did see large schools of fish. For me, the part I enjoyed the most was the "drop offs" in the reef. One second you are maneuvering over and around very shallow water, and the next you were swimming over a 75 foot drop off!! It was breathtaking.

Back to the beach - I do have to say that I did not like the constant (and I do mean constant) peddlers on the beach - I finally got to a point where I ignored them and tried to pretend they weren't there - but I don't have a problem being a little rude - but others in my party are always very polite, and they must have said 10,000 times - no thanks, Thanks for asking but not today etc etc etc !!!! Did I mention that it was constant??!!?!?

But overall the beach and the water were very beautiful and I loved the walk off the beach snorkeling.

After reading this paragraph to my wife, she says that I have not said enough about how beautiful the beach and water were. The sand was powdery and soft, the water was clear and calm, and an incredible blue color. Again an absolutely beautiful beach.

We have the $75 AI deal with them. I was told via email that the pool was included. Guess we will see.

Did you snorkel off the beach or a boat? Did they offer a boat snorkel trip? I may want to do that and get away from the vendors:D

Thanks for the review, this is the only place we're going that's new to me.

Tom

We have the $75 AI deal with them. I was told via email that the pool was included. Guess we will see.

Did you snorkel off the beach or a boat? Did they offer a boat snorkel trip? I may want to do that and get away from the vendors:D

Thanks for the review, this is the only place we're going that's new to me.

Tom

They offered $40 per person boat snorkeling - but we just walked off the beach to snorkel - some of the boats drop people for snorkeling in the same area you can swim out to from the beach.