Shade at Carnival Beach at Mahogany Bay

thecruisers723

We are doing a snorkel tour in the morning and were planning to hang out on the free beach at Mahogany Bay in the afternoon. We tried to rent a clamshell through Carnival's website so we'd have it in the afternoon, but it wouldn't let us saying it conflicted with another tour we had booked. So basically it won't let us book both the snorkel tour and a clamshell. Since we won't be showing up until the afternoon around 1:00, I'm sure the selection of chairs will be limited. I was wondering if a clamshell is the only way to get shade on the beach unless you get a spot way in the back where you can find a tree? Or do they rent umbrella's by chance in case we were lucky enough to find a chair closer to the water if someone leaves around the same time we get there? So disappointed that we can't just rent the clamshell for the day and go there to claim it after our snorkel tour.

Hi.

It is possible to book more than 1 excursion for the same day, but you would need to try and book the clamshells once on board at the excursion desk. We did this when we wanted to rent a cabana and also zipline at the beach too.

For the second part of the answer, I do not remember any umbrellas at the beach and no shade for just the chairs except in the back, but I do seem to recall some folks who were sitting all the way down by the pier PAST the cabanas in the shade, but do not recall if they had chairs or just sat on beach towels, I am sorry-I can not help you much there.

Hi.

It is possible to book more than 1 excursion for the same day, but you would need to try and book the clamshells once on board at the excursion desk. We did this when we wanted to rent a cabana and also zipline at the beach too.

For the second part of the answer, I do not remember any umbrellas at the beach and no shade for just the chairs except in the back, but I do seem to recall some folks who were sitting all the way down by the pier PAST the cabanas in the shade, but do not recall if they had chairs or just sat on beach towels, I am sorry-I can not help you much there.

Thanks for the info. We'll definitely have to head to the excursion desk once on board and hope to get a clamshell one way or another for some shade. Online, the clamshells only are sold out, so we were going to pay the extra $17 and get clamshell with kayaking. That's the one it wouldn't let us book and it said that there were only 8 tickets left. I wonder if they only sell a certain amount of them online and keep some available for passengers that wait to book until onboard. Worst case, we find some shade in the back. But we will have already been on the snorkeling tour out in the sun for 4 hours. And we plan to spend about the same on the beach when we get back. So we'll be in need of some shade somewhere along the line as it's in August and it's going to be hot as heck.