Silver Galapagos June 7, 2014

joek

msrieski,

All your reports seem pretty good. I will be in the same class of cabin as you were. Yesterday went out and got a new snorkel and mask. Can you tell me how they handle the snorkeling? Do they provide wet suits, if the water will be cold? What about fins? I don't want to add any weight to my already overweight equipment. Is most of the snorkeling off of the Zodiacs, off of the ship, or off of the beach?

I am actually half way packed. That is a record for me, since I usually end of finishing my packing the night before departure.

Liz

They have shorty wetsuits (short sleeves, thigh length) on board. I am always cold in tne water so I brought my own full wetsuit, which we hung with the others every day so they would dry out overnight, which they always did. They also provide fins.

I was fine for about 45 minutes in the water and then I started feeling cold. It didn't seem too cold for anyone else.

For the camera people, a good telephoto (100--200mm) and an 18--70 wide angle were the only lenses we needed. I will try to post a few pictures; this will be an adventure in itself.

I mentioned in a previous post that a good telephoto and a wide angle lens are all you need. For the photo enthusiasts, my husband asked that I mention that these are APS lenses and as a result, the 100-200mm lens really is the equivalent of a 150-300mm lens.

Can someone explain how to post a photo from a tablet? I don't have an URL address and it doesn't seem to allow for pasting a photo I to the post. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious......