Regent with Kids ?? (mariner)

JVD85

Looking for advice on sailing on Regent with kids. Our kids are 3 and 5.

Sailed Regent once is 2006, but not since having kids - we've since switched to Disney.

We've sailed Disney a few times (including last week to Alaska)

Kids are used to being on a ship and travelling, but are also used to the kid friendly environment Disney offers.

Does anybody know which sailings offer kid's clubs? I read that there is one available, wondering when it is offered and if a 3 year old would be able to attend.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

perhaps wisely you've thus far avoided the regent board.

while you will get more input, there will also be even more vitriol than you got on your posting on the disney board.

I took my then 5 and then 7 yr old boys on a regent cruise to alaska. this is a family friendly cruise destination as regent goes...

we regularly cruise disney.

even if they run a club mariner during your sailing, your 3 yr old will not be included as s/he will be too young. my 7 yo had a fine time with the children's activities. the 5 yo was not particularly engaged with the offerings and therefore spent all his time with us - which was fine with us by the way.

it is *not* a kid's club by any stretch. it is a few (<12) children with a 1-2 counselors in a meeting room doing activities together. and while the age ranges listed are 5-17, in reality, the children who attended were predominantly 5-9 and that was it.

from the regent site:

Our Club Mariner program is designed for age groups 5-8, 9-12 and 13-17, and is supervised by specially trained counselors. Club Mariner is available on select sailings only.

btw, right now regent only has club mariner listings through 2012 but the kids sail for $reduced prices listing will serve as proxy for now as to when club mariner can be expected. otherwise a regent ta should be able to help you.

and while I'm not at all one of those "no children on luxury ships ever" kind of people, I would recommend you be realistic that you will be doing a *lot* of work supervising your children at this age on this line. it will *not* be like on disney where you actually feel like you are on vacation too. can you go now, sure. will you likely enjoy it even more in a few years, yes.

best wishes!

Archived