Bora Bora OVerwater Excursion

brittany2016

Hello! My fiance and I will be honeymooning in July. We plan to book the Bora Bora overwater bungalow excursion. Is it possible to do an additional excursion in the morning on the first day and/or in the afternoon on the second day? Perhaps the private motu on Day 2? Thanks!

Hello! My fiance and I will be honeymooning in July. We plan to book the Bora Bora overwater bungalow excursion. Is it possible to do an additional excursion in the morning on the first day and/or in the afternoon on the second day? Perhaps the private motu on Day 2? Thanks!

Is this the overnight excursion? Which hotel?

My wife and I stayed at the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa during our PG cruise in 2013. We did not book the PG shore excursion even though it was at the same resort. PG charges $2025 for their Romantic Escapade at Thalasso Bora Bora for a Sapphire Overwater Villa. A quick search on ihg.com of the date in July you will be in Bora Bora shows the AAA rate at $1209 for the same villa. It's up to you whether or not you think the other items included in the excursion are worth $800+ (dinner, canoe breakfast, bottle of champagne).

You will arrive at the Thalasso via the ferry from InterContinental Le Moana either way. The PG excursion includes a ride from Vaitape to the Le Moana and back the next day. We took a cab; I believe it was about $15 each way. Here's the schedule of the boat transfers:

IMG_2469-1024x768.jpg

We did a snorkel tour on the first day with Christophe of Pure Snorkeling by Reef Discovery. It started at 9:00am and got done around 12:30pm. We did not bring our overnight items with us on the morning tour and had to go back to the ship to get them. By the time we got our stuff and went to the Le Moana to catch the boat transfer to Thalasso, it was after 1:45pm and we had to wait until 4:30pm to catch the next ferry. On the 4:30pm boat transfer was another couple from the Paul Gauguin staying at the Thalasso that night, that had booked the PG shore excursion. In hindsight, I would have rather taken the 1:45pm ferry and had a couple more hours at the Thalasso.

As far as the second day goes, you can plan what you want to do based on the ferry schedule. While you could leave as early as 8:15am, we really enjoyed the bungalow and the resort and opted to stay until after noon. Once you are back on the ship, I believe the tenders to the motu leave every hour on the :15 between 10:15am and 4:15pm. The last tender back to the ship from the motu was at 5:00pm.

We enjoyed the Thalasso so much that we are staying there again on our PG cruise in 6 weeks. While we really enjoyed the snorkel tour last time, this time we are renting our own boat from La Plage Tours before we go to Thalasso. It gives us a little more flexibility to make the 1:45pm boat transfer.

Get the IHG credit card. Once a year for a $49 annual fee you get a free night anywhere. I used mine two years ago at the IC Thalasso. Not bad for $49!

You also get 60,000 to 80,000 points getting the card. That is enough for a free night also at either IC Bora Bora property. I will be doing this again next year!

Get the IHG credit card. Once a year for a $49 annual fee you get a free night anywhere. I used mine two years ago at the IC Thalasso. Not bad for $49!

You also get 60,000 to 80,000 points getting the card. That is enough for a free night also at either IC Bora Bora property. I will be doing this again next year!

This is good advice. Our room in 2013 was an award because of the credit card. Unfortunately, it's near impossible to get an award at Thalasso now as they get snatched up almost as soon as they are released 12+ months in advance. Occasionally people cancel the week prior and they become available at the last minute.

Most everything you would want to know about award redemptions at the Thalasso is in this thread.