Falmouth with a two year old?

lbow2006

I'm also curious. We'll have a 3YO and a 1YO. As of now, I'm considering Red Stripe Beach, margaritaville in the port area (pool time), or maybe doctor's cave beach? We've done Jamaica a few times pre-kids, and there is so much to do, but I don't love the idea of a really long shuttle ride with them.

I'm also curious. We'll have a 3YO and a 1YO. As of now, I'm considering Red Stripe Beach, margaritaville in the port area (pool time), or maybe doctor's cave beach? We've done Jamaica a few times pre-kids, and there is so much to do, but I don't love the idea of a really long shuttle ride with them.

We've only done one other cruise and Jamaica wasn't one of the ports. I hope someone has ideas, lol. I'll have to check out those you mentioned. I didn't realize there was a pool in the port area.

In 2013 with an 8-month old we stayed in the port area, wandered around, had some patty's and a Red Stripe before heading back to ship (weather didn't look promising). This time around with a 2.5 year old (ours) a 1.5 year old (friends) and 6-month old we're using Resort for a Day to go to Jewel Runaway Bay. Heard it has a great beach, great food and they are building a water park due to be completed early 2015. You have a lot to take into consideration when making your decision. First and foremost your own personal likes and dislikes. From there you'll need to consider transportation and which may or may not be an issue as it depends on whether you'll bringing a car seat with you or not. The decision to take a car seat or not is highly contentious on these boards so you may want to keep that decision to yourself and book your day trip accordingly. The other option for my group that I considered was a private tour with Courtney Taylor as the tour is customized and they provided a car seat. Good luck and hope you enjoy whatever you choose.

In 2013 with an 8-month old we stayed in the port area, wandered around, had some patty's and a Red Stripe before heading back to ship (weather didn't look promising). This time around with a 2.5 year old (ours) a 1.5 year old (friends) and 6-month old we're using Resort for a Day to go to Jewel Runaway Bay. Heard it has a great beach, great food and they are building a water park due to be completed early 2015. You have a lot to take into consideration when making your decision. First and foremost your own personal likes and dislikes. From there you'll need to consider transportation and which may or may not be an issue as it depends on whether you'll bringing a car seat with you or not. The decision to take a car seat or not is highly contentious on these boards so you may want to keep that decision to yourself and book your day trip accordingly. The other option for my group that I considered was a private tour with Courtney Taylor as the tour is customized and they provided a car seat. Good luck and hope you enjoy whatever you choose.

I may look into Courtney Taylor. I was actually curious about whether any tours provided car seats. Thank you very much! I won't get into the whole car seat issue itself like you said. I know how that can go among people. :p

we did the resort for a day at hilton rose hall with my 20 month old. the bus ride was about 15/20 minutes. my son loved the lazy river and the smaller water slides - he would sit on our laps. it was awesome. had the best day.

Did you go there via taxi or with the ship excursion...we are doing Royal Caribbean and it's pricey wondering how you did it?

Thanks

Celeste

we did the resort for a day at hilton rose hall with my 20 month old. the bus ride was about 15/20 minutes. my son loved the lazy river and the smaller water slides - he would sit on our laps. it was awesome. had the best day.

That sounds quite nice too. Was food included in the price? :)