Ocho Rios 2 excursions in one day?

Cruisingal22

We will be docking in Ocho Rios in April from 8:00-5:00. We would like to go to turtle river falls & gardens and would also like to do the bobsled at Mystique Mountain. For those that have been, is this possible? And what is the best way? Private tour guide or taxi?

We will be docking in Ocho Rios in April from 8:00-5:00. We would like to go to turtle river falls & gardens and would also like to do the bobsled at Mystique Mountain. For those that have been, is this possible? And what is the best way? Private tour guide or taxi?

You should have no problem doing them both. They are both very near the cruise dock in OR. I would pre-arrange a driver for the day, just to make sure you have someone there when you are ready to go to the next spot, but I wouldn't hesitate to just taxi. (But I've been to Jamaica a lot and feel very comfortable there).

You should have no problem doing them both. They are both very near the cruise dock in OR. I would pre-arrange a driver for the day, just to make sure you have someone there when you are ready to go to the next spot, but I wouldn't hesitate to just taxi. (But I've been to Jamaica a lot and feel very comfortable there).

Thanks....I thought they were both fairly close from reading descriptions, but we've never been to Jamaica. Any suggestions on how to arrange a driver for the day? Would that be like booking a private tour with one of the local guides mentioned on other threads?

Thanks....I thought they were both fairly close from reading descriptions, but we've never been to Jamaica. Any suggestions on how to arrange a driver for the day? Would that be like booking a private tour with one of the local guides mentioned on other threads?

You can do that or we've always had great luck just walking out to the taxi area and letting them know what we want to do, then negotiating a price on the spot. Generally get better pricing that way. Make sure to negotiate the price up front, let them know exactly what you want to do. Sometimes we offer half the cash up front and the other half when we are done with the day.

We have used Richard Brooks in the past with Excursion Ocho Rios. And good reviews on Trip Advisor.