Cape Liberty

4 wheeler

I'm flying into Newark the day before my 9 day cruise of New England. I'm wondering about hotels and transportation from the airport and to the ship the next day. I'm in a wheelchair, so I need everything to be accessible. My husband and another couple will be with me.

I'm flying into Newark the day before my 9 day cruise of New England. I'm wondering about hotels and transportation from the airport and to the ship the next day. I'm in a wheelchair, so I need everything to be accessible. My husband and another couple will be with me.

What's your exact date? Hotel budget? How many rooms? Would you provide more details about your physical limitations? For example, can you transfer from your wheelchair to sit in a car so that the wheelchair can be collapsed and put in the trunk or do you require a van where you can sit in the wheelchair?

You might also want to post on the Disabled Cruise Travel board (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190) to try to connect with folks who have specific Cape Liberty experience and recommendations.

We'll be flying in on Oct. 5th. I could transfer to a car if I had to, but having a shuttle with a lift is much easier for me. I hadn't really thought about a hotel budget. I always appreciate a good deal, but I'd like to stay in a nice hotel that's accessible and maybe provides airport and/or cruise shuttles. It doesn't have to be fancy. I expected to pay around $150 or so from what I read about hotels there. Thanks for your help and I'll check out the forum about disabilities. :)

We'll be flying in on Oct. 5th. I could transfer to a car if I had to, but having a shuttle with a lift is much easier for me. I hadn't really thought about a hotel budget. I always appreciate a good deal, but I'd like to stay in a nice hotel that's accessible and maybe provides airport and/or cruise shuttles. It doesn't have to be fancy. I expected to pay around $150 or so from what I read about hotels there. Thanks for your help and I'll check out the forum about disabilities. :)

You're going to have to arrange special wheelchair transportation from the airport to your hotel and from the hotel to the port. I'm not aware of any hotel shuttles that provide a wheelchair lift. Very few hotels even offer Cruiseport transportation and much of that is jobbed out so it's unlikely to have a wheelchair lift. Another issue at EWR is that all the hotel shuttles leave from the P4 Airtrain station, so you would have to get yourselves and your luggage up the elevator to the Airtrain to ride to P4.

I'm