Skioncruises

Hi

Sorry I have not replyed before, but the time just seems to have flown since we got back from our hols.

We had a great time, very relaxing as we had decided not to go on any trips at all. The only thing I found was that one week is not enough. No sooner had you got onboard, then your holiday was finished. Don't think I will do one week again.

I forget, where is your next cruise? I did have a look at the details when you said before, but I have been trying to find your message when you said about it, and I can't find it.

Hi Sue

Have been looking out for you. Can't remember what the thread was when I sent you a welcome back message because it got hijacked, which seems to be common recently, and went way off subject.

Glad you had a good time. One week is definitely not enough and since DH retired he refuses to go away for anything less than two - suits me, the longer the better.

We are on the Celebration in June doing Ancient Wonders & Crimean Discovery, which is later than we normally go. Usually it is April/May but nothing appealed. While you were away I also booked Island Escape for September doing Med Adventure & Souks and Sangria. Then, a few days later booked The Dream (never been on her yet) for April 2014 going from Manchester:eek: doing Atlantic Explorer from Barbados back to Palma for 27 nights.:D

All three were booked at times when prices were acceptable to us and, contrary to speculation from others, we do not have a money tree at the bottom of the garden - even though the grandchildren think differently.. Just happen to be fortunate to have good pensions and also canny Scots who watch the pennies and save hard.

That's my gossip - what about you? You've done not too bad for being a newcomer to cruising. Where to next?

Jan:)

Hi Jan

Well, as you know, we are going on the Fire & Ice cruise in July. Apart from that we haven't any other cruises booked.

Like last year, we are going to Eurodisney at Easter. This time we are taking my son and his wife and kids, so there will be 10 of us. I enjoy it there myself, never mind the kids!

As far as cruises, we will probably wait until Summer next year comes out. First Choice who we got our first cruise through had a Cruise event in Aberdeen last Sunday. We were invited, but decided not to go. There aren't really any cruises that appeal to us, and as Geoff still works time is limited. He works for himself, but if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid! I am in the process of getting him to give up working for his present customer, as it is full-time, and he has little jobs to do like invoices etc. which he has to do in evenings and weekends. He never seems to get a break!

You are doing well with the cruises you have booked aren't you? I always think its nice to have something to look forward to.

Hi Sue

Forgot you were doing Fire & Ice. We did the Baltic Cities a few years ago but still have the Fjords etc. to do. Must admit, recently we have been booking further ahead than we used to and, as age is creeping up quietly, get a bit panicky about this then think "what the heck, what will be will be, plus we are insured for cancellation":eek:.

Blimey, Eurodisney will be busy with 10 of you. Another year on and the children will enjoy it even more than last year.

You'll have to get DH to start winding down gradually so that when it happens he won't notice too much. Mine stopped quicker than expected and, although we knew it was going to happen, it was to be at a time of our choosing not a sudden decision without any discussion and planning. However, all that said, the last 8 years have given us the opportunity to have holidays twice a year plus a three month stint in New Zealand.;):D

• 1 month later...

Hi Sue

Hope you're ok and not snowed in. We're ok down here. We had a fall last week but it cleared very quickly. We've been very lucky but from our upstairs windows can see it on the Sidlaws just at the back of us.

Just raising this thread to wish you all the best for the coming weekend and hope you get away to Eurodisney safely. Have a lovely Easter.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sue

Hope you had a lovely time in Eurodisney and didn't lose any of the 10. You can now look look forward to Fire and Ice. Just over seven weeks until we head off on our first of the year. Have withdrawal symptoms at the moment as normally we are getting ready to do a Transalantic or, as last year, the Mediterranean crossing.

Hi Jan

Yes, thanks we did have a good time at Eurodisney. It was very cold though. We were going on rides with our gloves on!

I haven't got time to think about our next cruise yet. I am going into hospital for an op. tomorrow, so that is taking up all my thinking time. It will be nice to think about it when the op is over and done with, nice and relaxing!

Sounds a while, but its not long until your cruise is it?

Thanks for thinking about me. It was lovely to see a message to me when I came on just now.

Hi Jan

Yes, thanks we did have a good time at Eurodisney. It was very cold though. We were going on rides with our gloves on!

I haven't got time to think about our next cruise yet. I am going into hospital for an op. tomorrow, so that is taking up all my thinking time. It will be nice to think about it when the op is over and done with, nice and relaxing!

Sounds a while, but its not long until your cruise is it?

Thanks for thinking about me. It was lovely to see a message to me when I came on just now.

Hi Sue

Our computer has been down all day and I have just found your message. No doubt you won't find this until after your op but I hope all goes well and you will pop up and let us know how you are.

Best wishes.

Hi Jan and Linda

Just to let you know that I am now back in circulation. I came home on Sunday. It is now a week since my op, so getting there!

Hi Sue

Lovely to hear from you. Hope all went well and you are getting back to full health by resting and planning what you are going to pack for Fire and Ice.;)

Hi Jan and Linda

Just to let you know that I am now back in circulation. I came home on Sunday.

It is now a week since my op, so getting there!

Glad the op is over and you are on the road to recovery :)

As predicted Arsenal have overtaken Tottenham :rolleyes:

Archived