Dunedin shuttle

Sunshine81

• 2 weeks later...
Does the shuttle drop near the train station?? We are booked on a train trip to Taieri Gorge and wondering what is the best way to get from the port to the station. There are 4 of us so a taxi might be the best.

There is a dedicated shuttle that goes to the train station. It is located further down the pier next to the pier-side information centre (i-site). Get further info from the Taeiri Gorge Railway direct. Cost is about the same and they also offer a 1hr post rail city tour that drops you back at the ship.

Hugh

There is a dedicated shuttle that goes to the train station. It is located further down the pier next to the pier-side information centre (i-site). Get further info from the Taeiri Gorge Railway direct. Cost is about the same and they also offer a 1hr post rail city tour that drops you back at the ship.

Hugh

Excellent info... Thanks Hugh

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The local bus is about $4 per person and goes hourly.. you just walk across the road and the bus stop is just at the start of the shops. It meanders around too, much more interesting than the shuttle.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

We used Good company tours twice and they were fantastic . They meet you at the ship and take you in to catch the train and then at the end of train trip you get a sight seeing tour of Dunedin and then they returned you to the ship. For us to book a train and city sight tour through the ship for 2 adults and our 15yr daughter was going to cost US $816 . Good Company was only NZ $268 and the only difference was we took their very comfortable bus to the station and didn't catch the train from the pier in to Dunedin train station.We also bought our own lunch on the train for about NZ$20 . We had a great time and our tour guide was very friendly and knowledgeable of the local area. It was great value and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable tour company in Dunedin

http://www.goodcompanytours.co.nz/cruise.html

We didn't do the train but we did use Good Company Tours to take us into the city and they later on took us on a tour before going back to ship.

Great people, excellent service. I spoke to them via phone before I left home, they were excellent.