Picking a hotel with food nearby

PictureMom

I finally bought my plane tickets for my February cruise on the Liberty of the Seas. I kept waiting, but prices just kept going up! Chose a flight that comes into IAH about 3:00. I'm looking for a hotel near the airport that has a shuttle. Plan is to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport in the morning and taking the Royal Caribbean shuttle to Galveston. First of all, for those of you that have cruised out of Galveston, is that a good plan? Having always cruised out of Florida, this is all new to me! Also, since we will be arriving in the afternoon I need a hotel that either has a restaurant or has food within walking distance for dinner. I'd just as soon have fast food to walk to if possible. I see there are lots of hotels near the airport. Can anyone recommend one that is decent and close to food? We tend to stay at Hampton Inn. Is the Hampton Inn within walking distance of any restaurants? Lots of questions here!! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

There are few independent dining options near the IAH hotels, just a few strip mall sandwich shops, waffle hut, etc. My best suggestion is the Holiday Inn at Beltway 8 and JFK just south of IAH, they have a fairly good full service restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. They even have a menu online http://www.goodeatsgrill.com/menu.php The food has always been good when I have stayed there and while it is an older property it has been well maintained and frequently renovated. The Holiday Inn is located on the south side of Beltway 8, so is about 1/3 mile south of the main cluster of IAH hotels, a fairly trivial distance unless you are trying to walk there from one of the other hotels.