Deciding between Carnival Valor or RCL Enchantment of the Seas?

AidenandCasensMommy

I know I'm on the Carnival board but I'm hoping to find some people who have cruised both. I've only sailed Carnival before. I'm deciding between the Carnival Valor or RCL Enchantment of the Seas. Both are comparable in price, RCL being a little cheaper. Same departure port. Here are the details:

Carnival Valor, April 2015, 5 nights, 4 people (2 adults, 2 children), aft balcony, Freeport, Nassau & HMC- $1900

RCL Enchantment of the Seas, April 2015, 4 nights, aft balcony, Nassau & Coco Cay- $1500

Opinions on which is better?

Did you like the layout on the Conquest cruise you went on? The Valor is a sister to it. I have not done the Valor, but have been on their sisters the Liberty in 2012 and the Freedom in 2013. I thoroughly enjoyed both of those cruises and ships.

Took a 4 nighter on Enchantment in 2009. I will never take a cruise that short again. By the time I felt recovered from jet lag, we were packing up to come home. This was a Thursday to Monday cruise - so basically a booze cruise, and yes indeed it was. Also, IMO it was just too rushed. The ship was alright - we had a balcony room stateroom and I would say they are equivalent to the balconies on the Liberty/Freedom - although the shower is better on the Conquest Class. Enchantment had a rock climbing wall, but not much else for kids that I saw.

IMO - the 5 day cruise wins over the 4 day hands down. Plus I preferred the size of the Conquest over the Enchantment. If it was me, I would do the Valor especially with kids. I haven't been to HMC - but it is raved about here. Everything else I would say about the ships/cruise are purely subjective, but for what its worth, I liked the food on Carnival much more than what we had on the Enchantment.

Hmmm, tough call.

Valor was definitely not my favorite Carnival ship. Nothing wrong with it, just not my favorite. Enchantment was quite a while back, but i remember thinking it was a beautiful ship.

However, overall we give a slight edge to Carnival for food and Carnival for room size.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Since you've never been on Royal, why not try something new. Then you can compare for yourself. That was the main reason we did it!