Advice Pls - Pacific Star or Sun - from a Newie

Masali

Dear All

I hope you can help me with my following questions. This will be our first cruise and I want to make sure that I've done the right thing and looked at all my options. I will be travelling with hubby (who's not too eager on a cruise) and 9yr old daughter.

· What are your recommendations in regards to Pacific Star or Pacific Sun, is either better than the other with their facilities and options for families?

· Can our daughter eat with us or does she have to attend Kid's club dinner?

· Are there shows after each dinner seating or should we go for the earlier option so that we can see the shows?

· Is it better to cruise outside of school holidays so that the Kid's club is available?

· How many nights is a good recommendation for a first cruise?

· Is there enough to do as a family if our daughter doesn't wish to go to Kid's club?

Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate any help you can give me.

Regards

Masali

Hi Masil,

Hopefully i can help with a couple of these.

I havent done the sun or star but have been on the sky.

But it had fantastic facilities and I've been told the kids facilities are excellent.

I posted a similar thread about kids on the sun, i have provided a link below that has alot of info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=231049

From my experience there are shows after each sitting.

I'm sure others will have some excellent advice for you.

I'm cruising with my brother and his 10yo son in Jan on the sun so i was also curious about the boredom factor.

Cheers,

Dan

thanx for that help. Yes I've read some of your posts and this is where I've come up with my own questions, I just couldn't find the answers to what I wanted to know.

It's good to know we can come here for help

Thank you again

Masali

No one can really help with a Pacific Star/Pacific Sun comparison, because of course Pacific Star hasn't started sailing yet.

Yes, there are shows for both sittings of dinner, but if you get the later sitting of the second sitting times on Pacific Sun it can be difficult to get good seats at the second show performance, and you are onboard - as you can only select what sitting (first or second) not which dining room, and one of the dining rooms has a later second sitting.

haven't travelled with kids, so can't help with that side of things.

My first cruise was a 7 night one. Prior to going on it I thought that would seem like ages, after we got back, I was left wanting more! So my second cruise was 10 nights, and my third, upcoming cruise, is 12 nights :)

basically both ships are similar make your decision on where you live if you live in brisbane go star you can save a few bucks on airfare dont worry about floorshows as they are repeated for second sitting passengers. second sitting is 8.30pm so if you like to eat early go first . you can take your child with you to dinner my kids came with me 2 yrs ago and they had kids meals i thought the food was nt much, mainly chips, burgers you know kids food so i made them come and eat with me at least i knew they were eating some fruit or vegetables occasionaly. i told the waiter to bring grilled chicken or steak with chips no problem. dont worry about your daughter my kids knew half the kids on the ship in the first couple of hors onboard

Archived