How do you get from port to Butchart Gardens?

It depends on how long you have in port. If its only 4 hours I strongly urge you to take the ship's tour as you'll be sure not to miss the ship leaving. If are you there for the entire day, then you have several options. The city bus system will get you out there, taxi's would cost about $45 each way, or you could take a tour bus which can all be found in the Inner Harbour area. There could also be independent tours available right at Ogden Point where the ships dock.

I totally agree with the above post. We did take the ship's tour and it was a long busride out to the gardens. While driving through the city of Victoria, I had second thoughts because Victoria looked like a really great city to walk around. The gardens were magnificent as well but on the ride back, we were very glad that we did the ship's excursion.It seemed like we were going to have a long time to tour the gardens but the time went very very quickly. We returned just in time to reboard before the ship set sail. I am sure that it can be done on your own but I would make sure that the transportation is very reliable.

Linda

Archived