NCL Jade Balcony BA 9610

brandid82

I'm trying to get an idea of the bed configuration for a BA balcony stateroom on the NCL Jade. Room number 9610 to be exact. We're sailing with 2 boys, 8 and 11. Will the single sofa bed and upper pullman block the balcony door?

Debating if it is worth the extra $340ish to upgrade to the mini suite or if we should book an excursion with that money instead. I've looked all over online and on YouTube and I'm having a hard time finding answers. I saw one blog post with the balcony door blocked, but it didn't state which deck, room or category it was.

Any help is appreciated. Wanting to book ASAP! Thanks in advance.

As far as I'm aware, all balcony rooms on the Jade have the issue of blocking the balcony door when the sofa bed is in use. You can still access the balcony, but you have to climb over the sofa bed. This is the reason why we always book mini suites on these ships (and there are only 3 of us).

I don't know how the Pullman works, but I can only imagine that it makes things even worse.

In the mini suites, the sofa bed doesn't block the door as it doesn't pull out as far into the room. Again, I don't know about the Pullman, but I assume that this also doesn't come out as far and leaves room, but someone else would have to confirm that.

If you do move to a

Mini suite then be careful about location. They are all on the same deck and you need to watch what is above you. Don't get one below the gym for example.

We were just on the Jade with our two children ages 4 and 13. We stayed in a Mini-Suite and for us it was worth the upgrade. We loved the privacy curtain and the bathroom. The bathroom is huge, for a cruise ship, and has a bathtub. I also thought there was a lot of storage space in the cabin. The only thing to keep in mind is that there is only a pullout sofa, which the kids had to share. This wasn't a problem for us, but it is good to know, just in case.

We stayed in cabin 11060 which was midship and quiet.

Edited by ctnurse

We were just on the Jade with our two children ages 4 and 13. We stayed in a Mini-Suite and for us it was worth the upgrade. We loved the privacy curtain and the bathroom. The bathroom is huge, for a cruise ship, and has a bathtub. I also thought there was a lot of storage space in the cabin. The only thing to keep in mind is that there is only a pullout sofa, which the kids had to share. This wasn't a problem for us, but it is good to know, just in case.

We stayed in cabin 11060 which was midship and quiet.

Thanks for the reply! Was there a lot for your children to do on board? We've never sailed on NCL. We've always sailed on Princess and Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply! Was there a lot for your children to do on board? We've never sailed on NCL. We've always sailed on Princess and Carnival.

This was our first NCL cruise too and I couldn't believe how much we really enjoyed it. We have sailed DCL and RCCL before. Our four year old begged to go to Splash Academy, and our 13 year old spend a lot of time hanging out with kids he met in the Teen Club. Unfortunately, it was cold, windy, and rainy for a big part of the trip, that they didn't go into the pool.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

This was our first NCL cruise too and I couldn't believe how much we really enjoyed it. We have sailed DCL and RCCL before. Our four year old begged to go to Splash Academy, and our 13 year old spend a lot of time hanging out with kids he met in the Teen Club. Unfortunately, it was cold, windy, and rainy for a big part of the trip, that they didn't go into the pool.

Oh good to know. My almost 12 year old is apprehensive about the younger and older kids being grouped together in Splash Academy. He's worried there aren't going to be any video games and that there isn't a water slide.

Oh good to know. My almost 12 year old is apprehensive about the younger and older kids being grouped together in Splash Academy. He's worried there aren't going to be any video games and that there isn't a water slide.

We met a family on board with a child that was almost 12, and her complaint about SA was that even though they can sign themselves in and out of the club, they must stay for two hours before leaving alone. Just something to keep in mind, especially if your child is like my 13 year old. He has been going and coming out of clubs since he was 10. As long as he followed the rules we established, then he is able to have those privileges.

We met a family on board with a child that was almost 12, and her complaint about SA was that even though they can sign themselves in and out of the club, they must stay for two hours before leaving alone. Just something to keep in mind, especially if your child is like my 13 year old. He has been going and coming out of clubs since he was 10. As long as he followed the rules we established, then he is able to have those privileges.

Ya that is really odd considering the program is only open a few hours at a time between closing for meals anyway.