Ok so I know where I'm not going......

descotes

I just booked an Eastern sailing and we're stopping in Nassau.

We are there from 7am - 2pm which isn't much time really. Was there a couple years back with friends and we were going to go to Atlantis but it was raining so we stayed on board and got our money back for the excursion.

This time we are going with our kids 2DS (16 and 13). They would love Atlantis but from what I'm reading by the time we got there cause it opens at 10am -- it's not worth the expense which is too bad. Wish we were docked longer.

So what is good to do in the Bahamas? Is it safe? We have way too much "cruising" time so I'd like to get off the boat and do something fun that my kids would enjoy.

Thoughts?

Your are right that is NOT alot of time BUT I would suggest a private tour. We went in January of this year (we have been many other times) and we decided to get a private taxi (van) tour, I think it was like 3 hours and that is when we met Mario!! He was GREAT, so kind and friendly and knowledgable about his homeland and a GREAT tour guide and he took us to Atlantis towards the end of the tour for about a 40 minute stay to go check it out, since your girls have never been then would love it!! If you would like his contact infromation I would be happy to share it with you just email me at megator2@aol.com. My girls used Mario this past October too and they said he was GREAT (which of course I already knew LOL). We went to Queen Ann's staircase too, which was very pretty!! You get to see a little bit of everthing on his tour and he has a few different kinds of tours . You can pre-book it with him and he will meet you right at the end of the pier! What ever you decide to do I hope you have a great time!