Best Conch Fritters in Nassau

maryann92201

Another vote for Bahamian Cookin'/Kitchen. We sampled there on the True Bahamian food tour and really enjoyed it.

In fact, I'd recommend trying the tour. Our guide was amazing, and she accommodated our ship's schedule in port. Several of the dishes we tried on the tour have made it into our at home recipe rotation.

Really Yummy -- Small store front window, corner of Woodes Rodgers and Frederick. Opposite liquor store. just walk 2 blocks west of as you leave cruise terminal, Think they were $4.00.

YES this place was great and there was a line with all the locals, so you KNOW it must be good!!!! LOL

Wow thanks for all the replies guys. I've had conch fritters here in the states and love them. I can't wait so excited. December 14th can't get here soon enough.

Maybe try the Cracked Conch instead of the fritters. More conch, less breading. Still fried, and more taste.

Here is a map I made sometime back. Go to Fish Fry, there is plenty of small places to get either, Cracked or Fritters. My fav is Goldies.

NassauMap.jpg

We usually walk there, it's about 1 mile. A nice walk past the public beach with a nice view of the light house. Some pictures from the area.

ParadiseIslandLightHouse.jpg

FishFry.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Really Yummy -- Small store front window, corner of Woodes Rodgers and Frederick. Opposite liquor store. just walk 2 blocks west of as you leave cruise terminal, Think they were $4.00.

This one is awesome.. discovered this one on my last visit.. mostly locals paying in Bahamian currency. Price was definitely right - like half what they were selling for in the tourist bars.

Going to hit it again when I go back in January - cool deal to go there and grab Conch Fritters and grab a beer at the liquor store and people watch a bit.

We took a taxi to the Fish Fry and ate at Twin Brothers. We loved it, and they had free wifi. I wouldn't be concerned about the safety warnings, as long as you stay in well traveled areas, like downtown and other tourist areas.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Another vote for Bahamian Cookin'/Kitchen. We sampled there on the True Bahamian food tour and really enjoyed it.

In fact, I'd recommend trying the tour. Our guide was amazing, and she accommodated our ship's schedule in port. Several of the dishes we tried on the tour have made it into our at home recipe rotation.

This was a non-ship sponsored excursion? Where can I get information about it?