QM2 Tranatlantic 2008/Lapsang Tea

Jimsgirl

Does anyone know if the QM2 will be doing eastward/westward Transatlantice cruises in Sept/Oct 2008

I would like to do a B2B New York/S'hampton/New York around that time.

I have brochures from Cunard but they only go up to April 2008,it is early I know but I do want to take advantage of the early booking prices (I travel solo in D8 cabin, and they fill up quickly)

Booked for Sept 2007 cruise New York/Quebec/New York cruise, have saliled on QE2 but this will be my first on QM2.

My other question is ;- In Britania dining room can you get Lapsang Suchong tea, several passengers had trouble getting this on QE2. My waiter told me very huffily "it is only served in the Queens Grill" It took 3 nights and a "talk" with the Matitre D' to get it .

My other question is ;- In Britania dining room can you get Lapsang Suchong tea, several passengers had trouble getting this on QE2. My waiter told me very huffily "it is only served in the Queens Grill" It took 3 nights and a "talk" with the Matitre D' to get it .

I would suggest, as a Cunard World Club Member, you might want to ring up CWC and ask them, Also and email to the Maitre D before sailing (with your booking number) might make sure that it was stocked in Brittania. I know others on these boards have mentioned a favored brand of liquor or wine and been indulged. I also know of a young lady who was on the ship for quite some time, everything from inside cabins on up. She wanted a particular brand of rum (Captain Morgan's spiced, I believe, though I could be wrong) in the Commodore Club. They made sure it was available.

Karie,

who occasionally had trouble finding Earl Grey (not decaf!)

Sometimes it has been easy to get Lapsang on QM2 and QE2 and other times a request for it has been greeted with blank indifference. On the whole, your chances of getting it are better than your chances of getting decent coffee...

To be on the safe side, bring your own (as I bring my own coffee)...

Archived