Bali - Elephant Ride

kjets

We are tendering in Benoa on the 1st January 2015. DH has said that he would like to have an elephant ride at some point on our SE Asia Cruise. Does anyone have any info/feedback on your experience in Bali? What to do or what not to do? I have heard about the Safari Park but just wanting an elephant ride somewhere that the elephants are well looked after. Not looking to have a full day at a zoo/safari park. We are in Port from 7am - 5pm

Thanks in advance.

We went to the elephant Safari park in 2012 and it was fantastic. The elephants are very well looked after and rested frequently.

I believe some of the elephants were rescued from Sumatra but I can't remember all the details now unfortunately.

Just be aware that with a cruise ship in port there may be a short wait for a ride.

Of the other elephant parks we have seen in Asia, this is by far the best (well it was in 2012 anyway).

The traffic coming back to Benoa from the park was quite bad so allow plenty of time.

We went to the elephant Safari park in 2012 and it was fantastic. The elephants are very well looked after and rested frequently.

I believe some of the elephants were rescued from Sumatra but I can't remember all the details now unfortunately.

Just be aware that with a cruise ship in port there may be a short wait for a ride.

Of the other elephant parks we have seen in Asia, this is by far the best (well it was in 2012 anyway).

The traffic coming back to Benoa from the park was quite bad so allow plenty of time.

Thank you for the info bronte2, and especially for the heads up about the traffic on returning!