Anyone used ATI

Deloresgardella

I have been looking for an reasonable flight to Rome in October. It seem like ATI is so much cheaper than any of the other sites. Has anybody used them before and can you tell me if they are any good. Why are they about $200 or $300 cheaper. Thank you

Delores

I have been looking for an reasonable flight to Rome in October. It seem like ATI is so much cheaper than any of the other sites. Has anybody used them before and can you tell me if they are any good. Why are they about $200 or $300 cheaper. Thank you

Delores

Do you mean Air Transport International (ATI) which is a charter airline operator or do you mean Air Tickets International (also ATI) which is a consolidator/bucket shop??

If it is the airline, it will be a charter operation, although I find it hard to believe the tickets you are finding are ATI, the airline. They fly mostly DC-8's, with capacity of only 32-40 passengers. My company uses them frequently for Europe/USA perishable freight transfers.

If it is ATI (the ticket people)-the tickets will generally be consolidator class tickets. Consolidator tickets are usually quite a bit cheaper. But they come with some BIG restrictions. IF you can change the tickets at all, the change fees will be really hefty-about $400.00 as opposed to the usual $100.00. AND the REAL BIGGIE-IF there is a problem (missed connection, canceled flight, etc), you tickets have NO VALUE to another airline.

Example: You are ticketed on Delta with consolidator class tickets. For some reason, you miss a connection in NYC. You CANNOT use that ticket to fly on another airline without Delta paying the other airline IN CASH for the ticket. Consolidator tickets are NON ENDORSABLE to another airline. There is no tit for tat exchanging tickets/seats as is common with normal airline tickets. With most airlines in dire financial straits, it would be very uncommon for any airline to pay CASH to get you to your destination.

So you will have to wait until Delta has another flight with seats available. You may miss some of your cruise.

Archived