Has anyone hired a taxi/guide in port?

MDSue

Hi all, This will be my third visit to St. Lucia. We've already done an all day tour with Spencer Ambrose that included all the major sites, and a half-day ship tour to see other local sites. I'd kind of like to do something different this time around and was curious if anyone has experience just hiring a guide in port for a few hours.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with hiring someone in port. I know many ports have a tour booth and licensed tour guides available on site, but I don't know what St. Lucia has.

Any suggestions or experiences to share? Thanks

My wife and I used a driver name Magnus Cherry. We had a private tour for $40.00. He gave us a tour around most of the island. We did not want to go near the volcano. Had the coconut water from the coconut. It did not taste like the one at the grocery store..... More of a bitter flavor.

image.jpg.f0e32a9f68954d0cab4b3064c329e32c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I used a driver name Magnus Cherry. We had a private tour for $40.00. He gave us a tour around most of the island. We did not want to go near the volcano. Had the coconut water from the coconut. It did not taste like the one at the grocery store..... More of a bitter flavor.

Thanks! That is exactly what we are looking for.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The rest of the story:

When we walked off the ship, we still had no idea what we were going to do; another "wing-it" day. We were hoping to find a taxi to Marigot or something else to do.

The very first person we saw when we walked into the building where you exit the ship area from was a representative from Cosul Tours. He was waiting for the people who had signed up for their tour.

I knew from reviews that Cosul offers outstanding all day tours of the island and that wasn't what we were looking for, but we struck up a conversation with him just as well. He asked us what we wanted to do and we mentioned Marigot Bay. We also told him how much we liked a screen-printing shop that we visited years ago and he informed us they were out of business, but they had a Caribelle Batiks on the island. I knew they were in St. Kitts and had no idea they were also in St. Lucia.

Anyway, the representative offered to hook us up with one of his guide/drivers for the day and he would take us to both Marigot and Caribelle Batiks, along with a few other stops and bring us back when we were ready. We agreed, and proceeded to have the perfect day in St. Lucia.

I felt like we hit the tour guide jackpot.

I'm not sure if we got extremely lucky or if it's not hard to book a last minute tour, but for us- success!

Thanks to Christopher and Cosul Tours!

Susan