Parking at the Port Galveston Parking With Vet Plates

scubaslayer

Has anyone parked at the Port of Galveston lot? Is it almost impossible to get a spot the day of? It doesn't look like I can reserve online using the purple heart rate, but it seems worth a try, unless my car will be missing when we get back.

I have Texas PH plates, and have parked at the Port’s parking lot many times; never had to pay, even doing a B2B2B. No reso needed; I always get there about 1030, but have never heard of the lot being full with the usual 2 ships in port.

Once you enter the lot, tell the guide you need to get a PH or DV pass. You will park near a trailer; you will need your driver’s license and a VA card showing service-connected disability (for DV plates), or your registration for the PH plates. The attendant in the trailer will Xerox your DL and docs, and give you a pass to place in your windshield.

In over 40 cruises, I have never had a security problem at the lot. Use it without fear and enjoy your cruise.

Thank you! We probably won't take the car with PH plates, but he has the needed proof. If I can save the parking costs, it leaves us more money for fun. I am a bit worried they might be full for the holiday sailing. I am looking forward to December, and probably going to drive myself crazy before then.