EPIC, "take away food"

yippiolguis

Wouldn't it be just as easy to make him a plate and bring it to your cabin, instead of filling containers? You can cover it with another plate, so that there is no spillage.

No, not really! Juggling a plate covered with another plate plus silverware, plus his coffee and also mine has proven to be difficult from past experiences. I guess a tray might be useful, but I've never seen one at the buffet and even if I had one, I would still probably spill the coffee. Covered mugs and containers from home sound like a good solution. I just don't want to be stopped and embarrassed.

]There is free movement of goods once they have been legally imported into the EU. Not all of the food on board has been cleared for entry into the EU (because it's not meant to leave the ship' date=' except in passengers' bellies).

[/b']

It's true that most European countries are not very strict about enforcing rules about what individual travelers bring in. Not because there is "no problem", but because they have to allocate their resources to higher priority problems.

Europe is divided into two zones. In one zone they say "I know it's not right, but I will do it anyway, unless they make it very difficult". In the other zone they say "I know it's not right, so I won't do it, even if they make it very easy". If you take the metro you can tell which zone you are in…

Really? I though maybe cereals or other paked things may come from outside EU, but as long as the ship is in Europe all the other food would have passed all controls and are legally imported.

About the enforcing and the kind of people in Europe I agree, but is not only about individuals, also authorities and people in charge of enforcing rules, and about that I think there is not big difference between EU and US in fact, in my experience Americans care a lot when you enter their country, but when you are leaving seems like they do not care very much.

"Technically" you need to follow the laws and rules of the ship. "You" don't get to make the rules. "You" have to follow them.

Also I was not talking about breaking the law, I assumed the food on the ship was "legal" and as my cruise is not leaving Europe I'd have the same rights as if I travel on my own car.

Just off the Jade... It definitely said no takeaway food allowed from O'sheehans. Go to aft of Garden cafe...Great Outdoors. Goid sea views/fresh air & nice choice of foods but nit as varied as inside in the buffet.

Thanks, specially for the O'sheerans, I was afraid someone tell me, hey sit there to eat your food!

I just got off the Pearl yesterday <sigh>. Had no problem taking food out of buffet, MDRs, or suite restaurant. In fact, waiters sometimes offered to bring me a plate cover and I frequently filled my travel mug with hot tea at the suite restaurant.