link to video of whale watching/glacier calving

spotfin

I just got back from the Diamond Princess Cruise from

Whittier to Vancouver. I have some brief footage of whale watching w/ Capt Larry in Juneau (whales bubble net feeding) and glacier calving inCollege Fjord. The link is www.revver.com/video/3977. After watching the video of whales, click on "see other videos by spotfin" and it will take you to the spectacular shot my daughter got of a big chunk of glacier falling into the water. By the way, if you go whale watching in Juneau over next few weeks, I'm pretty sure you'll see bubble net feeding by humpbacks. Capt Larry of Orca Whalewatching was excellent. His Oddessy boat is the fastest out of all the whalewatching boats.

I just got back from the Diamond Princess Cruise from

Whittier to Vancouver. I have some brief footage of whale watching w/ Capt Larry in Juneau (whales bubble net feeding) and glacier calving inCollege Fjord. The link is www.revver.com/video/3977. After watching the video of whales, click on "see other videos by spotfin" and it will take you to the spectacular shot my daughter got of a big chunk of glacier falling into the water. By the way, if you go whale watching in Juneau over next few weeks, I'm pretty sure you'll see bubble net feeding by humpbacks. Capt Larry of Orca Whalewatching was excellent. His Oddessy boat is the fastest out of all the whalewatching boats.

The above link is an error. Sorry. New link is http://www.revver.com/video/39779

WOW, those were great. That is the one BIG mistake I made, was not booking Capt Larry for the whale watch. I used the Allen Marine from the Princess excursions and it was not worth the money. I think it was just the girl driving the boat, because people who went on the earlier boat saw lots. Whales were far away and pretty much only saw fins. We did see one big one while docking that came up feeding with his mouth wide open and that was cool, but I had JUST dropped the camcorder to try to take a picture, so I got nothin'!!!! What great footage to have and keep watching. When were you there? I was there June 3-10, 2006.

By the way, if you go whale watching in Juneau over next few weeks, I'm pretty sure you'll see bubble net feeding by humpbacks.

I'm going to hold you to that!

We will be out with Capt Larry a week from tomorrow.

-Suntan

I was on the Diamond Princess wk of July 15. I think we were in Juneau on Wed July 19. Make sure you get on the purple boat, and ask specifically for the tour Capt Larry pilots. There are several boats to choose from, and Capt Larry drives only one of them, and the purple boat allows viewing from the top of the boat, which makes for much better viewing.

Great videos.

I was on the Diamond the week of July 1st. Had my camera up to my eye almost constantly in Glacier Bay for 75 minutes at Margerie Glacier. Finally the glacier starting calving and I got a bunch of still pictures of it, with a splash that must have been 20 feet high. It was incredible.

Archived