Spirit Embarkation and Rooms

Hi there,

We'll be boarding Carnival Spirit in Sydney in a couple weeks time and have 11:30-12 boarding time. Just wanted to know what time the rooms are usually ready, and whether it would be better to change our boarding time so we can go straight to the room and put our stuff down?

Also just wanted to know if the buffet is the only lunch venue open on embarkation day?

Thanks!

Hi there,

We'll be boarding Carnival Spirit in Sydney in a couple weeks time and have 11:30-12 boarding time. Just wanted to know what time the rooms are usually ready, and whether it would be better to change our boarding time so we can go straight to the room and put our stuff down?

Also just wanted to know if the buffet is the only lunch venue open on embarkation day?

Thanks!

I am of the opinion that room readiness is based on your boarding time. I don't know this for sure though.

I can tell you this though. When I was waiting to board, I filmed my balcony room from the outside. The people in the balcony room below were in the room at 12 noon while I was filming. I know this because I saw the outside light come on and they came out onto the balcony.

My check in time was 1 to 1.30pm. I was allowed to board earlier than 1pm as I was just hanging around and they said I could go through. On board, I heard people saying that they had to wait until 2pm for their room to be ready. I wondered to my self what will I do while I am waiting for my room. So I thought to myself, I will at least go and see where it is. I got to the room about 1pm, my bag was waiting at the door. I opened the door, went inside and started filming.

The information supplied to me said that the buffet is the only food available for lunch on boarding day. I didn't try anywhere else.

In case it is of interest to you, I have lots of video, only about half loaded of what I am going to upload but if you want to see what is uploaded, go here

We have been on 3 Spirit Cruises from Sydney and this was our experience:

We always had 1st boarding group as were on the ship by 12:15. Our rooms were not ready, so this is what we did.

1. Went to Guest Services, put cash on the account and a spending limit on the kids accounts.

2. If booking Carnival excursions, went to the desk to book in.

3. Up to the Lido deck for buffet lunch.

4. Headed to the toilets and kids changed into bathers and headed for the slides! (yep even in winter, we were lucky enough to have great winter weather!)

5. Grabbed a towel from Lido deck. Checked room while other half was watching kids.

6. Latest I checked was 1:30 and it was always open. Kids came back had a warm shower and changed.

7. Off to mini golf while we waited till cases arrived-usually before 4.

The only bag I had to carry on was a back pack with bathers, cameras and documents. The rest I checked in at 8am that morning.

The early time was perfect as we could hit the guests services etc before everyone else got on. Plus we had our lunch and had plenty of time to explore the ship.