6 hrs in Tortola 7AM - 1PM; Is baths an option?

kovainvs

Hello,

Will be taking NCL Gem and be in Tortola on 12/20 - NCL Schedule is from 7.00AM to 1.00PM. Would like to go to baths - is this even an option? Are there other ferry services other than Speedy's? What other options other than baths are good for this duration. Traveling with 2 small children - 3 & 6.

Thanks,

NVS.

Hello,

Will be taking NCL Gem and be in Tortola on 12/20 - NCL Schedule is from 7.00AM to 1.00PM. Would like to go to baths - is this even an option? Are there other ferry services other than Speedy's? What other options other than baths are good for this duration. Traveling with 2 small children - 3 & 6.

Thanks,

NVS.

I've been in Tortola on NCL with this same time frame. Yes, the Baths are an option, but I'd strongly recommend you do it with the ship's excursion and not have any worries about getting back in time. Having said that, you might want to research more on this forum about others who have done the tour with small kids. There's a lot of walking -- steps down to the caves -- and then crawling through some interesting spaces before getting to the beautiful beach. Then the return climb back to the top. Obviously your kids won't have an issue fitting thru tight spaces, but as I recall, there were some narrow ledges with rope handrails. Be as informed as possible about what you'll be facing. You can always book the tour and then ask more questions on board the Gem, and cancel if necessary. Don't get me wrong -- it's an amazing excursion! Just be sure it's ok for little ones. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

We did it last year on the Gem with the ship's tour and it was just amazing. At first I was a little skittish to go through the caves with all the climbing so we went down the path to the left instead of the right with the big crowd of passengers. After they all came through the exit of the caves we went in that way and did it backwards. There were quite a few others with little kids and even babies in carriers on their backs going both ways through the caves. It is doable. We went all the way and then came back through the other way. It was nice to do it without the big line of people.