Wind Surf reviews

gp

I am thinking of doing a Wind Surf cruise out of St. Thomas in March '05 but have not seen any recent reviews on the Wind Surf, it's staff/crew, it's food etc. The last review I was able to find was posted in '03. Does anyone have any recent information on this ship/cruise? Thanks...........GP.

We have a Wind SURF review, as you can see from our separate posting. We suggest that you start a new thread for Wind SPIRIT reviews, since Wind Spirit pax probably won't respond to a Wind Surf posting.

While waiting for responses to your posting, go to the Wind Spirit page on Cruise Clues, http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/windspirit.htm That has lots of links to other boards; and maybe some of the links have recent reviews.

From what we've seen on this board, a cruise on the Wind Spirit may be even better than our fantastic Wind Surf cruise. The Wind Spirit and Wind Star are half the size of the Wind Surf, and the service is supposed to be very personal. There's even less night life on those ships than on the Wind Surf; but for most Windstar lines cruisers, the magic is in the itineraries, the service, and in the glory of being under sail, not in the night life.

Joan and Joe...........thanks for the info. I did find an additional review posted in May '04 that helped. I will also repost my originial thread under "Wind Spirit". Thanks again..........GP.

Joan and Joe:

From what we've seen on this board, a cruise on the Wind Spirit may be even better than our fantastic Wind Surf cruise. The Wind Spirit and Wind Star are half the size of the Wind Surf, and the service is supposed to be very personal.

A number of people, both passengers and crew, on our Windsurf sailing also said that. Even on the Windsurf (which wasn't full for our sailing) it was very nice how often one saw ones new friends - on a tender, at tea, etc. The service was special but it was also our fellow passengers that made the trip so nice. Everyone was friendly. When we asked if we could join someone's table in the veranda or the Compass Rose they always said yes - none of the worrying about saving spaces that you sometimes run into.

By the way, your review was spot on (the first week when it wasn't quite full) for what we found on the Wind Surf.

I am thinking of doing a Wind Surf cruise out of St. Thomas in March '05 but have not seen any recent reviews on the Wind Surf, it's staff/crew, it's food etc. The last review I was able to find was posted in '03. Does anyone have any recent information on this ship/cruise? Thanks...........GP.

I posted one on November 27, 2004...pretty current, wrong ocean though!! Canadiens is my name, check it out!

Archived