Glass Bottom Boat Tour

salboz

I have the same question so hoping you get some good input.

Considering it as we will have 4 kids along with us in Roatan (8,6,4,2).

My husband and I would zipline but the 3 grandparent types with us dont and we arent sure we should do that and leave them and the kids waiting for us.

We have a couple sailing with us who have never done a glass bottom boat and we see there is one in Roatan. Has anyone done it or know enough about the area to know how likely it will be good?

we did the glass bottom boat tour through NCL in april. the boat was advertised as aircond. that is was not it was stuffy and warm. the trip was about 1 hour and at first you see a bunch of coral and sea weed and we were thinking ok this stinks then all of a sudden you can see about 60 feet down and it is like something from a movie schools of beautiful colors of fish huge sea turtles, even saw a group of scuba divers it was wonderful. my husband and i both thought there was no way we could have ever experianced this with out the boat!! after the boat trip we had a tabayana beach party bbq the beach there is beautiful it was great of the whole cruise i would love love love to go back to roatan i loved it

jan

• 2 weeks later...

We also did this....but it was advertised as a semi submersible boat along with the tabyana beach break through NCL. It was something that we are so glad we did, we would of never seen that stuff unless we were scuba divers. It was a bit cramped but worth it....we also seen the turtles, scuba divers, colorful fish, beautiful coral and stingray swim by. Take your camera, most of our pictures turned out.....did'nt quite catch the beautiful colors but close enough.:)

We did the glass bottom boat tour with a guide named Richard out of the West Bay area. We did this as an add-on to our day with a Victor Bodden guide.

Since all of us chose to snorkle, I didn't spend much time looking through the glass. We went to an area called the Blue Channel, which was beautiful. There were divers below us also and th fish and coral selection was very nice.

Richard was a great guide. He picked us up at the pier by Half Moon Bay resort [at West Bay]. He had a group of Honduran citizens with him along with my sister and I, so he took the time to explain everything is Spanish and English.

The snorkelling was the nicest I've ever done. He swam along the reef with us and pointed out various fish.

I am attaching a few pics for you

Richard on the Ocean Explorer:

2489903060104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

diver below:

2412569640104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

view from the water:

2200930790105078574S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived