Weight Watcher Cruises

RI_Lady

I am joining Weight Watchers for the new year and I am looking for info on a Weight Watcher themed cruise . Does this ever happen?

Has anyone been part of this type of cruise or vacation? :)

Edited by RI_Lady

I've been a WW member for many years and have not heard of one as of yet. You can still follow program on a cruise and not be deprived. I have cruised 4 times while on WW program and have never come back with a gain. There is so much fresh fruit and vegetables. I stuck to mostly that for breakfast & lunch and then the dinner portions are small, as we should be eating so it works well. Even a dessert once & a while. I am going on the NCL Epic this October and hope to be at goal weight by then. Good luck pick a cruise & have fun!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
I know this is a very old thread but there will be a WW cruise in 2017.

https://weightwatchers.com/us/page/dream-cruise-caribbean

Hi Ctpaddler. I just heard about the Weight Watcher cruise. The handout at the WW meeting said Carribean Cruise in January 2017. I emailed to be put on the list for more information.

Has anyone received any more info such as which cruise line and the actual date?

Would love more info.

True.Blue (Gail)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I couldn't find this thread last night when I posted about it. I haven't reserved yet but I think I intend to. I've already started looking at airfare, parking at the airport & excursions. According to the program, we will be kept busy with meetings, demonstrations, exercises, social meetings, & other. Please make sure you check into the link above or your WW leader. I'm thinking of this as an intervention just when I need it to get back on track.

This is my first time here. I just received the email about the Weight Watchers May 2017 Cruise. I've been thinking about going but I'm going by myself. Is there anyone else going as a single person or has anyone done this as a single person and if so how is it?

This is the first WW cruise. It looks like it would be great to do alone as you’d get to know the same group of people at all the different WW events. I noticed that the deposit is nonrefundable…..so while I might be going solo, I can’t commit to it right now.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. If I was ever going to travel by myself this would be the thing to do. Lots of events to meet new friends that you already have something in common with. But still bit nervous about it. :-)

Well, I called & made my reservation tonight. I'm going solo but am willing to share a cabin. They will be sending me a list of 3 other people with phone numbers that I can call & get acquainted with before the cruise. I booked an inside Fantistica cabin & was assigned cabin #10078. Anyone else going? I'm going to have to call back because if I read the deck plan correctly it looks like it is a room for 4 people. I can see rooming with 1 other woman but not 3 others.

The deposit is not nonrefundable. I read the information pretty thoroughly & didn't see that.

I will be flying in the day of the cruise & flying out the day of disembarkation from Philadelphia. Maybe I can meet up with someone at the airport & share a cab.

• 4 weeks later...

hi i am booking this ww cruise. Completely up my alley for sure! I am going solo (expensive going solo,,,, but I am and this is totally worth it). Ive cruised alone and its really not bad at all! its relaxing and i treat it as a spa away for a week in the sun! Totally doable i can assure you. No need to be anxious or fearful especially in this case as you will belong to a group and a group you can really fit in to! and your days can be filled with your group if you want to ...... I'm so excited ww has gone to the cruises since i am a hugeeeee cruise lover!!!!! and i will just love finally going on a cruise with not just myself as the one trying to embrace healthy eating and gym and track etc on the cruise and mediation via music in my room at night lol finally i get to cruise with ww and have each day full of all the stuff we should all have in our lives! YEAH WW for this and hopefully more to come!!!!

Well, I called & made my reservation tonight. I'm going solo but am willing to share a cabin. They will be sending me a list of 3 other people with phone numbers that I can call & get acquainted with before the cruise. I booked an inside Fantistica cabin & was assigned cabin #10078. Anyone else going? I'm going to have to call back because if I read the deck plan correctly it looks like it is a room for 4 people. I can see rooming with 1 other woman but not 3 others.

The deposit is not nonrefundable. I read the information pretty thoroughly & didn't see that.

I will be flying in the day of the cruise & flying out the day of disembarkation from Philadelphia. Maybe I can meet up with someone at the airport & share a cab.

I called the TA & even though the cabin will sleep 4 they will only book it for 2 people. As you can imagine, I was very relieved to hear that. I'm really looking forward to this cruise. As you said, I get to travel with people that understand & support my eating goals. That will make it so much easier. I also get to cruise alone so I can do whatever & whenever I want. This cruise will be a relaxing one for me since I don't have to keep someone else busy & occupied. I don't have to leave the ship if I don't want to. No tours! This is ME time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, WW would be my first cruise. Have read the first cruise posts ( the first three pages) Want to arrive a day early. I am in Baltimore MD. Looking for a room share on the boat. I am 56, need to lose 12 more pounds for my "happy weight." I work in health care; I am an early bird. I love to dress-up and want to spend some serious spa time. Please contact me if interested

• 3 weeks later...

Marybz, I'm not too far from you (New Castle, DE) & I do most of my cruising out of Baltimore.

I am 71 & am retired. I still have quite a ways to go to reach my goal. I have some mobility issues so exercise is difficult for me. I try to do as much as I can though. One ship has water aerobics every morning & I can do that. I hope they have something like that on this ship.

I will be sharing but I am traveling alone. I don't know when I'll find out who I will be rooming with. This will be an interesting event to be sure.

Has anyone thought about excursions in the ports? We have free time in the ports.

I'm thinking of going to Stingray City Sandbar Tour in Grand Caymans. No one I travel with would do that.

I also like Living History Mayan Traditions And Island Tour in Cozumel.

I can't decide in Nassau between Panoramic Tour or Discover Atlantis.

In Ocho Rios I'll probably just walk around the port or see about going to the Good Hope Estate.

I think I may be thinking too much but how do we check in on line for our flight home from this cruise? Will we have access to a computer & someone to walk us through the process for this check in? I've never had to do this before since I've always traveled with someone who has done this for me. I'm flying straight home when I get off. My flight is scheduled for 2:20 pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I'm a weight watcher and signed up for the cruise. It's my first cruise ever and I'm super excited!! I'm a bit nervous because I'm traveling alone. I'm not worried about being on the boat (I make friends pretty easily :) ) but I'm a little worried about when we dock and having to navigate the daytime docked time alone. I'm not much for excursions every day -- I love being a beach bum. Anyone know if they'll help us single folks hook up with other people who want to beach it too??

I think I may be thinking too much but how do we check in on line for our flight home from this cruise? Will we have access to a computer & someone to walk us through the process for this check in? I've never had to do this before since I've always traveled with someone who has done this for me. I'm flying straight home when I get off. My flight is scheduled for 2:20 pm.

I was also wondering the same thing! I usually travel with my partner and he does this for us before our flight. Hopefully the cruise will have computers where this can be done before disembarking?

I can't imagine we are the only ones with this issue. Maybe WW will make special arrangements for WIFI long enough to check in & print our boarding passes. Someone suggested I could call on my cell phone after we dock but I would feel safer having my boarding pass in hand when I get to the airport.