MV Discovery Pacific Deck unusual shaped cabin 5436

dollyhouse

has anyone stayed in this cabin or the one opposite? they are very strange shapes!!

And below the pool which might be noisy?

They are an odd shape because they are sort of wrapped around the pool. Friends were in one and I wouldn't recommend them. I think you get water noises from the pool and some other noise at various times.

• 2 weeks later...
Would not sail on that tub again, even for free.

We are sailing on her again (happily) - because no one else does her itineraries for the price and enrichment programs. Yes, she is functional and not deluxe but ohh, the places we go....... Island Sky can give her a run for the money, but a lot more money. High level of repeat passengers on the Discovery and this time we know what we are getting.

They are an odd shape because they are sort of wrapped around the pool. Friends were in one and I wouldn't recommend them. I think you get water noises from the pool and some other noise at various times.

Noises from the pool i can understand i wonder what the other noise was? Deckchairs being moved maybe?

Noises from the pool i can understand i wonder what the other noise was? Deckchairs being moved maybe?

Hi Dollyhouse,

Not deck chairs. Not sure now exactly what they heard but think it may have been propellars when berthing. I will be seeing one of them tonight so will ask.

Hi Dollyhouse,

Not deck chairs. Not sure now exactly what they heard but think it may have been propellars when berthing. I will be seeing one of them tonight so will ask.

Thanks for doing that

I have a FEAR of 'noisy' cabin...we had an unbearable cruise on a US razzle dazzle ship to Hawaii a couple of years ago. For the first three nights we could not sleep due to non stop banging noises like loud pipes banging together overhead. We made numerous complaints and requests to be moved but were shrugged off by disdainful staff. It took mention of my husband having a chronic illness to get them to move us on the morning of the fourth day .... We received a phone call to our cabin at 3AM telling us we could move 'now' into the emergency cabin.

Which we did, collapsing that night at around 7pm in utter exhaustion, to find we were directly under the centrum band area! The bands started their night sessions at 8.30pm, so no sleep until midnight each night when the various bands finished. (and when arranging the beds at 3am we found the mattress protector had a large dried blood stain....:mad:...a horrible cruise which put me off cruising on that line again)

Thanks for doing that

I have a FEAR of 'noisy' cabin...we had an unbearable cruise on a US razzle dazzle ship to Hawaii a couple of years ago. For the first three nights we could not sleep due to non stop banging noises like loud pipes banging together overhead. We made numerous complaints and requests to be moved but were shrugged off by disdainful staff. It took mention of my husband having a chronic illness to get them to move us on the morning of the fourth day .... We received a phone call to our cabin at 3AM telling us we could move 'now' into the emergency cabin.

Which we did, collapsing that night at around 7pm in utter exhaustion, to find we were directly under the centrum band area! The bands started their night sessions at 8.30pm, so no sleep until midnight each night when the various bands finished. (and when arranging the beds at 3am we found the mattress protector had a large dried blood stain....:mad:...a horrible cruise which put me off cruising on that line again)

You were sweet not to mention the name of the cruise line, but from your report it sounds like they earned the attention. Cruise lines know where the consistently bad cabins are and they should price and warn accordingly - some will take the lower price and for some whose hearing is bad anyway may not even matter.

This is cruise critic after all. One of the values is learning from each other what to both enjoy and what to avoid.

Hi!

More information re cabin. My friend said it was usually quiet and a bit bigger than some. Other than the water noises from pool the only other problem was when the ship was reversing when docking and there was a lot of vibrating and noise. So not too bad by the sound of it.

Jean

Hi!

More information re cabin. My friend said it was usually quiet and a bit bigger than some. Other than the water noises from pool the only other problem was when the ship was reversing when docking and there was a lot of vibrating and noise. So not too bad by the sound of it.

Jean

Thanks very much Jean. I had a horrible feeling when you mentioned noise!! I could not bear another nightmare cruise, especially not 30+ nights. I think water noises should be ok, we live by a beach which can be very noisy due to waves, and have a large splashing fountain...i forgot till just now that the emergency cabin we were given on the horrible cruise shared a wall with the Centrum fountain so it sounded like we had a stream on the other side of the wall. Once we got over the thought of it gushing in, we were fine (and at night the bands drowned out the sound). Docking and vibrating will make us appreciate the stopovers! Who knows, the fabled upgrade fairy might visit us.

Archived