Wind spirit tahiti cruise

jaxbandit

Our wonderful week In paradise just ended yesterday. The weather and the cruise was perfect. We stayed in the hilton overwater bungalows for two days prior to getting in the boat. I would highly recommend doing this as the travel can be very tiring. We stayed in cabin 136 on the lower level. All the cabins are the same so I don't think it's necessary to pay for the next class of cabins. We also got the laundry package and the drink package (lots of people seemed to get the drink package and we enjoyed having it).

In Moorea we did Michael Pooles dolphin tour and that was a lot of fun - well worth it. The swim platform was open that day so we did that when we got back to the boat. The moti picnic on Tahaa was wonderful. Nice snorkeling, good food and drinks in a coconut. The next day we docked in Raitea and we did the Discover Scuba. I have never scuba dived before and the tour guy was very helpful and guided us along the coral. The boat had their deck BBQ that night which was a blast. Music, dancing and tons of great food.

On Bora Bora we did the swimming with the sharks and sting rays. It was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. The tour also stopped at a fantastic snorkeling spot where there were tons of fish and beautiful clear water. The next day we did the jet skis around bora bora. This was by far my favorite excursion as you cannot believe all the colors of the water until you see it from that close! The guide was wonderful and you made a stop on a private motu where he showed you how to open a coconut. The night BBQ on wind spirits motu was that evening , but you can go over to the island all day if you want and just hang out on the beach or snorkel. Later that evening you return to the motu for the dinner. My advice is to eat a big lunch as the food is iffy at best and there is not a lot of it. The boat did set up a small buffet on deck when you get back.

We did the motu picnic on Huahine and contrary to other posters, it was my least favorite excursion. I pictured us going to a motu similar to the one on Tahaa, but it actually was the tour guides house who happens to live on a motu. There was no beach , just a shell strip on land with a few picnic tables. The girls father was running his John Deere tractor the whole time which sort if took away from the ambiance. We did eat in the water, but our tables kept floating away - kinda comical. The whole tour seemed to be very disjointed. There was some snorkeling on the way to their house. It a as pretty but there was a strong current so it was a bit tiring.

The trip back from Huahine to Papete was very rough. I would make sure to take something that day as many people were queasy. After disembarking by 830 am we went to the intercontintal for a day room as our flight was at 11 pm that night. I heard the Radiason was rather run down. The Intercontintal was beautiful and a fantastic way to end the week!

All in all it was tons of fun and I know everyone going will have a blast! I am happy to answer any other questions.

Our wonderful week In paradise just ended yesterday. The weather and the cruise was perfect. We stayed in the hilton overwater bungalows for two days prior to getting in the boat. I would highly recommend doing this as the travel can be very tiring. We stayed in cabin 136 on the lower level. All the cabins are the same so I don't think it's necessary to pay for the next class of cabins. We also got the laundry package and the drink package (lots of people seemed to get the drink package and we enjoyed having it).

In Moorea we did Michael Pooles dolphin tour and that was a lot of fun - well worth it. The swim platform was open that day so we did that when we got back to the boat. The moti picnic on Tahaa was wonderful. Nice snorkeling, good food and drinks in a coconut. The next day we docked in Raitea and we did the Discover Scuba. I have never scuba dived before and the tour guy was very helpful and guided us along the coral. The boat had their deck BBQ that night which was a blast. Music, dancing and tons of great food.

On Bora Bora we did the swimming with the sharks and sting rays. It was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. The tour also stopped at a fantastic snorkeling spot where there were tons of fish and beautiful clear water. The next day we did the jet skis around bora bora. This was by far my favorite excursion as you cannot believe all the colors of the water until you see it from that close! The guide was wonderful and you made a stop on a private motu where he showed you how to open a coconut. The night BBQ on wind spirits motu was that evening , but you can go over to the island all day if you want and just hang out on the beach or snorkel. Later that evening you return to the motu for the dinner. My advice is to eat a big lunch as the food is iffy at best and there is not a lot of it. The boat did set up a small buffet on deck when you get back.

We did the motu picnic on Huahine and contrary to other posters, it was my least favorite excursion. I pictured us going to a motu similar to the one on Tahaa, but it actually was the tour guides house who happens to live on a motu. There was no beach , just a shell strip on land with a few picnic tables. The girls father was running his John Deere tractor the whole time which sort if took away from the ambiance. We did eat in the water, but our tables kept floating away - kinda comical. The whole tour seemed to be very disjointed. There was some snorkeling on the way to their house. It a as pretty but there was a strong current so it was a bit tiring.

The trip back from Huahine to Papete was very rough. I would make sure to take something that day as many people were queasy. After disembarking by 830 am we went to the intercontintal for a day room as our flight was at 11 pm that night. I heard the Radiason was rather run down. The Intercontintal was beautiful and a fantastic way to end the week!

All in all it was tons of fun and I know everyone going will have a blast! I am happy to answer any other questions.

Thank you for sharing your very recent experience with all of us. Our September cruise is nearing and we love reading reviews and comments from others that have just sailed on the Windspirit in Tahiti.

Your post has been printed and filed in our important Tahiti file to be read and enjoyed for the next couple months.

Shirley