New to the forum!

pretykym

Hi all! Been browsing for awhile so I thought I would introduce myself! I'm kimmie 5'6 and 200lbs. I am losing about 5 lbs a month through swimming. I have several right leg injuries so swimming is about it for me. We are going on our anniversary cruise on sept and hoping to be down below 170 by then. Coming from a size 14 to hopefully an 8. That's my goal. And I'm officially putting it out there!!!!

Hi,

I am not new to cruise critic, but it's been a long time since I have been to the message boards. My next cruise is planned for the fall of 2016. I have about

50 -60 pounds that I would like to lose. My favorite exercise is walking or the recumbent bike, and I average about 30 minutes a day.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

• 2 weeks later...

Diet is the hardest part for me too, so I've gotten to the point where I don't really stress about what I eat anymore. I generally try to make healthy choices and keep portions reasonable, but I do better focusing on what I can do (lately running a lot) than what I can't or shouldn't eat. One thing I've found that really does help with it though is not to think of it as "dieting." Instead make small changes to what & how much you eat that you can stick with long term. That's the mentality that finally got me out of the yo-yo dieting cycle that I had been stuck in from high school until my daughter was born.

Good luck with your weight loss goals & welcome to the group! :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first post on Cruise Critic, but i wanted to say congrats on the weight loss. I have recently started swimming and really enjoy it. I also run, but i live in Bavaria so the beer and pretzels are always working against me. I am trying to drop 5 or so pounds before my cruise in July. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! This is the first time I have found this board. I'm cruising in September and I changed the way I eat last July. I am in my 60's and I just got tired of feeling bad. It was hard to learn a new way to cook, but I have found some great recipes. I don't consider it a diet- it's my way of eating now. If I am wanting to eat something I will have it and go back to my new way. I've lost 55 lbs and I'm hoping to lose another 25 before my cruise.

• 2 weeks later...