Shore Excursioneer 2 Site Snorkel w/ turtles & Caye Caulker

uprivermama

We'll be in Belize in a couple weeks and I'm looking at a tour through Shore Excursioneer that has no reviews :eek: which makes me a little anxious. Here's the description:

Belize 2 Site Snorkel with Sea Turtles and Caye Caulker Beach Break Excursion (S2282)

Looking for a unique experience? Then come along to two snorkel spots where you will be able to swim alongside some majestic sea turtles in Belize! Then enjoy a unique beach break on famous Caye Caulker Island!

You’ll start this Belize Sea Turtle Snorkel Excursion right at your Belize cruise ship tender terminal. After greeting your English speaking shore excursion guide. You’ll be taken to a comfortable boat where the friendly crew and captain will be waiting to welcome you on board. The size of the boat will depend on the number of guests participating on the excursion on this particular day and departure time.

Sit back and relax as you glide through the blue Caribbean water on your way to the Chapo’s Turtle Garden, a reef just one mile south of the famous Belize Hol Chan Marine Reserve. Hol Chan means "Little Channel" in Mayan. The area just off Ambergris Caye is known for its coral reefs and abundant marine life. Travel time in the boat will be approximately 55 minutes.

Along the way you’ll receive your snorkel equipment including snorkel, mask, fins, and an optional life vest. Once you’re at Chapo's Turtle Garden, the guide will accompany you into the water and will point out areas of interest so you don’t miss a thing. There will always be one guide for every 8 people to ensure the fun and safety for all. Snorkeling time will be 45 minutes so there’s no need to feel rushed. Chapo's is a regular hang-out spot for turtles. Your guide will give you the tips and rules for getting close and snorkel with the sea turtles. Although sightings are never guaranteed, the chance of spotting them at these two locations is excellent!

During the boat ride to the second Belize sea turtle snorkel site, the crew will serve cold sodas or bottled water. Your next stop will be at the Hol Chan Turtle Grass site.This sea turtle habitat and is the best way to view these amazing creatures, in the wild. The water here is approximately 10-30 feet deep, depending on where you snorkel, but a guide will be with you to make sure you’ll enjoy the waters safely. Relax and snorkel with the turtles for another 45 minutes as you experience this lovely world beneath the surface. You can return to the boat anytime, of course. An underwater waterproof camera is a good way to capture your moments snorkeling with the sea turtles on this unique Belize Shore Excursion. Note that among some of the marine life you might see are some of the local nurse sharks or rays. These are harmless creatures that are used to interacting with humans daily. Your guide will be by your side at all times.

Your last stop is just 15 minutes away. Caye Caulker is a lovely little rustic island with friendly people and few unique little stores. You can lounge next to the sea in comfortable beach chairs, or walk around, swim, explore, shop, whatever you want to do. Guests can also purchase food and drinks from the Belizian local restaurant, approximately $10.00 USD per person. Enjoy 1.5 hours on this quaint island and experience that laid back tropical feeling.

Finally, the boat will take you back to your Belize cruise ship tender terminal. Transportation back is approximately 1 hour, relax and enjoy a rum punch, soda or cold water served by the Sea Turtle Snorkel Excursion crew.

So this sounds like a great trip. But, it's long (approx. 6 hours) and without reviews, I don't know who the actual vendor is. I've read a few mixed reviews on Shore Excursioneer, and it seems Belize is one spot that tends to have issues with undependable vendors. Has anyone done this trip? I can't find reviews ANYWHERE! At this point, I'm leaning toward not doing it, based on the fact that it could be a long, awful day on a rowboat :rolleyes:

Whoever you book with keep in mind that The month of August is the peak period for turtle nesting season in Belize. The full season runs from May to November. It is a treat to see a turtle but never guaranteed.

"Although sightings are never guaranteed, the chance of spotting them at these two locations is excellent!"

We'll be in Belize in a couple weeks and I'm looking at a tour through Shore Excursioneer that has no reviews :eek: which makes me a little anxious. Here's the description:

Belize 2 Site Snorkel with Sea Turtles and Caye Caulker Beach Break Excursion (S2282)

We're using Shore Excursioneer in Belize too. We leave in 2 weeks, I can give a review when we return if you are leaving at a later date.

http://www.shopperapproved.com/reviews/shoreexcursioneer.com/

We're using Shore Excursioneer in Belize too. We leave in 2 weeks, I can give a review when we return if you are leaving at a later date.

You should be back right before we leave, so if you get a chance to do a quick review, I would appreciate it! Happy sailing!

• 1 month later...

I would love to hear if you did this excursion and how it was. I am going in April and was looking into Shore Excursioneer. Thanks for any info you can provide.

• 1 month later...
Did anyone complete this excursion with Shore Excursioneer? How was it? Do you recommend them? I have read a few bad reviews and am getting nervous. Thanks!

We're really interested in this as well. If we do end up going in March, I will post my feelings on the excursion.

• 3 months later...