Family Recommendations

Divaoffashion

First off, I will say that I haven't gone to the Bahamas yet, but from the reading that I've done across the forums, it seems that the Atlantis is a fun thing to do with kids, but the waterslides don't open until 10 am (not a problem for you) and close at 5 if it's not peak season (you didn't mention when you were going). The day passes include this, as well as an aquarium which I think is also on property. The downside seems to be that the property is massive and it can take 15 minutes to move between the things that you're doing. It also seems to have pools. This was a helpful thread on the Atlantis: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1560154

It also seems like the Pirates of Nassau Museum has had a few folks suggest it; the information on Trip Advisor is a mixed bag, some saying that you'd need to really love pirates, some that it's great for kids.

Not sure if those suggestions are helpful to you or not, but that's what I've found. I'll keep checking in on this thread, because I'd love to hear more ideas!:D

I'm struggling with what to do in Nassau as well. I have 8 & 10 yo boys and a husband who doesn't like the beach. I'm thinking about a self-guided walking tour with a stop at the Pirate Museum and the straw market. I would love to take them to Atlantis, but it's so darn expensive. Also thought about a day pass at the Hilton.

Open to ideas. ;)

Following this also. We will have our 6 and 4 yr old DD and looking for something to do. We were also looking at Atlantis (but the smallest would be to short for the waterslides). Also looking at the Hilton, seems like a good deal, plus we got most of that back in food. :)

• 1 month later...