Montego Bay--River raft trip, lunch, plantation

NoWhiners

Hi all

Just got back from a cruise around the Caribbean and wanted to post this. We were on Caribbean Princess and booked thru shore excursioneer dot com. We did the river cruise, then tour of a banana plantation, then lunch.

We enjoyed this excursion. The river raft trip was great. It was on the Great River, not the Brae. We got on a raft with our 'captain' and he took us down the smooth, quiet calm river. It was great but I got bit right away by every mosquito there (I am susceptible to this. DH didn't get bit at all). After that, we both put bug repellent on and I was fine. After the nice raft ride, we got off and had a tour of a banana plantation. It is amazing all the products that come from banana trees! The we had an excellent lunch. Because we were the only people to sign up for this tour, we had a private car/driver, which was great. When we were done with the tour, she offered to take us to shopping by the port but we needed a few personal items so she took us to a huge grocery/department store. We got what we needed and she took us back to the port.

The excursion was great and shoreecursioneer was also good. Everything went as they described and not much trouble finding them. I would definitely use them again in the future.

BTW, as a side note, something went wrong that day in Montego Bay and a lot of the ship excursions were late starting and returning. We had dinner with some folks who did the rum factory thru the ship and they left 2 hours late, it took 2 hours to get there, and they were very late returning. When we said our excursion went as planned, they said we may have been one of the few tours that did!

It was fun and we would do it again, check it out if you want a quiet relaxing day.

ML

Edited by NoWhiners