Atlantis-Carnival Miracle Nov 10-17, 2013

JonV

WOW. I just found and booked this cruise today. Inside rooms are only $699 and they are a good size on Carnival of about 185 sq ft.

The Carnival Miracle is currently on its repositioning cruise through the Panama Canal. It should transit the Canal in the next few days.

This will be my first cruise on Atlantis and I'm looking forward to it and traveling on Carnival again. Who else will be joining me and any tips for Atlantis Cruises? I have been on RSVP a few times.

I went on the November Mexican Riviera cruise a few years ago and enjoyed it. But it is a decidedly younger, more buff and more party type crowd. Some of the pool parties went on all night long. The entertainment was good - we had Jennifer Hudson as our special guest and she had just done Dreamgirls.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I'm thinking of booking this...I don't have anyone to go with so I'd be going alone. Has anyone ever done that before? I'm 23...would be turning 24 during the cruise. Just want to get out of my city and all of my friends are too cheap to go on a cruise :) Would it be hard to make friends on the ship?

Hey! I'm thinking of booking this...I don't have anyone to go with so I'd be going alone. Has anyone ever done that before? I'm 23...would be turning 24 during the cruise. Just want to get out of my city and all of my friends are too cheap to go on a cruise :) Would it be hard to make friends on the ship?

It's pretty easy to meet people on the Atlantis cruises even if you are going alone. They have singles happy hours and dinners. I'd advise you to look into their roommate share program. There are no single cabins, so you'd have to pay double if you did not have someone to share the cabin with.

Edited by bluechip508

Now the lowest is $849. Too bad I can't get on their alumni site until after I sail. Would like to hear from their seasoned travelers.

I've been on both RSVP and Atlantis cruises. The demographic is not so different these days, but the Atlantis passengers tend to be more active and into partying, regardless of age, than the RSVP passengers. The energy level is a lot higher on Atlantis, so I'd say it tends to be a more fun cruise. The night parties start at 11 pm and do go way late into the night. No one should be intimidated from going on an Atlantis cruise though. There are twinks, bears, 80 year olds and everything in between.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Booked this today also. Looking forward to first time with Atlantis as well as first time on Carnival. I too, have been on a few RSVP cruises, so looking forward to seeing the differences.

• 1 month later...
Booked this today also. Looking forward to first time with Atlantis as well as first time on Carnival. I too, have been on a few RSVP cruises, so looking forward to seeing the differences.

I like Carnival a lot (12 cruises) and have traveled many other lines(11 non-Carnival ships). Carnival is a simple no-frills product and now that Joe Farcus no longer designs their ships, they are much nicer than the gaudy Las Vegas style he designed.

I haven't been on Carnival since Carnival Splendor in 2010 right before the fire. The FOD meetings each night had at least 20 people each night and was the best FOD group on any of my 23 cruises.

Edited by JonV

• 2 weeks later...

Two texas guys in their 30s will be joining the fun in November. Any other Texans on board?

Hopefully, the lack of activity here won't translate into a bunch of little clicks on the cruise that don't talk to others... I would think there would be a LOT of activity with respect to this cruise... There aren't many gay cruises leaving from the US...

My partner and I are also going on this cruise. We've cruised a lot before, but this will be our first Atlantis cruise. Are there any tips or things we should know beforehand? Thanks, and we look forward to meeting everyone!!

- Erik from Vegas

I am glad to hear others are starting to catch up with this thread.

I had a conversation with someone who took the Mexico cruise last year and he told me there were pretty much two groups of people:

1. Day people

2. Night people

The night people are the circuit boys who stay up until the morning. I asked if it was redbull or Molly what kept them up; he said Molly.

He mentioned the top of the cruise is dark and is used for cruising and NSA.

He also said some guys used the laundry room (???) to hook up.

The sauna and gym area were cruise too.

The highlight of the cruise was the white party, which lasted until 10am.

• 3 weeks later...
I want to go on this one, would be by myself. But I don't want to pay double, and I am not sure about rooming with someone I don't know. :rolleyes:

It seems that they just dropped the price for inside and outside cabins by $200. So the inside would be about $1300-1400 if sailing alone (double of $499 plus port charges and taxes for one), which is not too bad.

They just changed the itinerary for this cruise last Friday. Instead of 2 days in Cabo and one day in Puerto Vallarta, the ship will now spend one day in Cabo and two days in Puerto Vallarta, overnighting in PV. This is a much better itinerary since PV is a big gay destination. Overnighting in Puerto Vallarta will allow guys to take advantage of the nightlife there. There's a more active Facebook group for this cruise.

Edited by bluechip508

There will be a party on the Queen Mary the night before the cruise.

Kathy Griffin and Deborah Cox will be entertaining on the ship during the week.

I'll be in 2 days early and will hit Pistons, Ripples & Santa Monica.