Doctors Cave Beach to the Pork Pit - A safe walk?

carters4usm

• 3 months later...
Can anybody tell me how far of a walk it is from Doctors Cave to the Pork Pit and if it's a relatively safe area? Also, is the food worth the effort? Thanks.

I've been wondering the same thing. Can someone give details on the actual distance or walking time from the beach to the Pork Pit? I see posters mention that it's walkable, but no specifics. Thank you for any help you can give! :)

Thanks we are going there next week and I hope to try this out!!!

It's a little ways past Margaritaville and across the street...just didn't want you to think you'd missed it.

Soooo good!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a little ways past Margaritaville and across the street...just didn't want you to think you'd missed it.

Soooo good!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Oh my we just got back and I missed your post!!! Yes we did miss it as we stopped at Margaritaville and that was it. Oh well I just need to start planning another cruise!!!

• 2 weeks later...
So tell me more about the Pork Pit. What kind of food does that entail? Better than Margaritaville??

I'm thinking most consider it to be much better and more authentic than Margaritaville. Jerk chicken and pork. Here's the Tripadvisor listing for the Pork Pit: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147311-d1232835-Reviews-Pork_Pit-Montego_Bay_Jamaica.html

How do u get vack to the ship from the pork pit if u walk there from neach? I am wondering if there are taxis.shuttles handy and if u pay leaving the port is it round trip and if so how do u get back without paying return fare?

So, is the Pork Pit only in Mo Bay or is there one in Ocho? Also, if in Ocho, how far is it from the port?

If you're in ochi, you should go to scotchies and not pork pit. IMO scotchies is better....and A LOT closer to ochi lol.

Scotchies is about erm 10-15mins cab ride from the port in Ochi.....pork pit is about erm 1hr 30 mins :-/

How do u get vack to the ship from the pork pit if u walk there from neach? I am wondering if there are taxis.shuttles handy and if u pay leaving the port is it round trip and if so how do u get back without paying return fare?

there is a hop on hop off shuttle in mobay that you can pay for and jump on and off.

• 2 years later...
there is a hop on hop off shuttle in mobay that you can pay for and jump on and off.

Where do we find the shuttle? Is it easier to get a cab from The Pork Pit than to locate the shuttle and wait? We'll have little ones with us so I don't mind paying a few extra dollars to make it easier.