Hello! New cruise bride-to-be!

Corycia

Hello everyone! :D

I am brandy-new to the board and in the early stages of planning a Summer 2014 cruise wedding. We want to get married on shore, somewhere in Greece (I'd love Santorini). I'd love to hear if there are any other Greece brides!

My first question: Travel agent or not?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hello everyone! :D

I am brandy-new to the board and in the early stages of planning a Summer 2014 cruise wedding. We want to get married on shore, somewhere in Greece (I'd love Santorini). I'd love to hear if there are any other Greece brides!

My first question: Travel agent or not?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Yeah another 2014 bride!!!! I am doing my vow renewal July 2014 on the Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda.

As far as the travel agent (TA) goes there are pros and cons:

Pros:

Ta will keep track of payment dates, rooms , flights ect for you for your guests

TA will be able to look into grouping rooms together if it is possible

You and your guests will have one person to deal with rather than a whole company

TA may come up with some perks that you would not have known about ( on board credits ect)

Cons:

If you have a less than desirable TA you may not see any of the perks and they may be hard to get ahold of- so go with a recommended TA if you can

The upgrade fairy generaly does not call those who use a TA

If you have a small group going and feel confident you can handle the arrangments yourself, having a TA may be just adding one more person in your arsenal of people to count on to do the right thing

If your TA is not on top of things you may miss a price break on your cruise

I guess it all comes to if you get a good one or not. I am planning on using a TA simply because I have 30+ people going. I would like to have someone to track everyones travel plans and payments and I like to think I know my limits. Handling all of the travel arrangements and questions and keeping track of payments with everything else is over my limits. I do not want to deal with payment reminders, who needs a crib in thier room, who wants to be in a room next to whom, who needs a flight and from where blah blah blah. Planning the ceremony, reception with decroations flowers, attire for the wedding party, ott bags, our pre cruise meeting, travel to the dock and back and getting my group of 4( my husband , 2kids andmyself) organized along with anything else is enough for me.

Thanks Boston!

I'll definitely think more on the TA question. We're planning on a simple, intimate event, and I don't think many of our guests will attend. I'm not even sure if we're going to have an actual reception; dinner on the ship, cake and photos would be fine to me. In fact, I'd be shocked if more than 5 friends and family decided to join us! (it's not them, its the economy...) That being said, it would be nice to be able to say, "if you'd like to join us, here's the number of our TA." Also, I know paperwork for getting married in Greece can be a little tricky and time consuming, and I thought maybe they could help with that?

Are we allowed to ask for TA recommendations?

And, I'm a moron: I meant Summer 2013! Sorry!

Archived