Acrylic Photo Mount

Victress2007

I was recently in Las Vegas and found the Peter Lik studio. Now I want to mount one of my photos but I think either one needs some editing first. These are the two photos I am considering.

20150503_96_zps9kdzrldh.jpg

or

20120825_418_zps69jcxozt.jpg

Any suggestions?

Has anyone else used the acrylic mount method?

Vic

My wife and I got sucked into the Peter Lik gallery gravitational pull here in Houston. I thought his secret was in the paper, which my Google Fu says is Fuji Pearl. I've considered having a few prints made from our vacations, but I'm not sure my editing skills lend to printing. I thought about one of those labs that does the editing for you, as well as the printing.

As for your question, I'm always a fan of Antelope Canyon shots, so that's where I'd go.

EDIT: I've gone and looked again and see where there are several references to acrylic mounting to plexi.

Edited by Maligator

They say it will be here in 2 weeks, I'll let you know. I was originally looking at Bumblejax but ended up going with Whitewall out of Germany. They have the Fuji pearl paper as an option so I went for that.

I brightened up the picture a bit, it was a gloomy morning in Venice. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Vic

I've used a self printing method for canvas wraps and I got one metal print from Nations Lab. I just wanted to try the acrylic because I've seen it in a couple galleries now and really like the look.

I just love having photos of our travels "hanging around" the house.

I wouldn't use Costco enough to pay the joining fee.

Vic

I've been digging around again and found a place in Arizona that claims to have the Peter Lik formula of face-mounted FujiFlex printed with an Oce Lightjet 5000 printer. They claim Fuji Pearl was only used by Lik briefly. Link to story

I've uploaded this shot:

21481867902_3c0d5e9665_b.jpgVEN016 by Matt Barnette, on Flickr

A 36x20.25 print in the above-listed manner with museum wall mount looks to be just a skosh over $300. I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

I bookmarked that site. If I like the acrylic print I'm sure I'll get more and it's nice to know there are lots of options. The one I ordered is on its way, 7-10 days for delivery.

It's hard to take a bad photo in Venice! I think I took 1500 pictures in 5 days four years ago and another 1200 in a week last year.

Vic

Edited by Victress2007

I've used a self printing method for canvas wraps and I got one metal print from Nations Lab. I just wanted to try the acrylic because I've seen it in a couple galleries now and really like the look.

I just love having photos of our travels "hanging around" the house.

I wouldn't use Costco enough to pay the joining fee.

Vic

20x30 metal print at MPix = $154.95 + Shipping

20x30 metal print at Costco= $89.95 + $55 membership = $144.95 + pickup at store

Free membership!

We've been Costco members for a long time and have remained so because of their incredible customer service and the attention they pay to the quality of their products. It's hard to go wrong with anything they decide to carry.

Dave

WOW, Wow, wow!!

I LOVE this picture. The effect is close to 3-d, just amazing.

That's the good news. The bad news is, I'm going to spend a LOT of $$ using this process.

Vic

Oh, you're not helping my urge to print everything on my hard drive. :D

I think I'll order a test piece in a smaller size and see if I like it enough to do a proper sofa-size print.

Sent via my Samsung Note 4 while I should probably be doing something productive

Just an FYI...

Costco does a great canvas print and they just added metal prints. The samples were very impressive.

http://www.costcophotocenter.com/Shop/Home-Decor/Metal-Prints#/

Dave

Through Groupon, you can get some pretty good deals when it comes to different types of prints. To include canvas and metal.