Private excursion

4serenity

Grenada - This was our first visit and it was beautiful, but we did a water tour so we could not tell you how any land tour was. We rented a boat called a sloop. Danny Donelan is the owner and his company is boat is called Savvy. Put a dot com at the end of that and you will find him. Prices are listed and we did a half day tour which was $65.00 per person and as long as you have 6 people or more the boat is all yours for the afternoon, to choose what you would like to do. He does full day or half day tours. We didn't realize that we could tell them where we wanted to go, otherwise we would have had our day mapped out better, they told us they would take us to where we wanted to go but being this was our first visit we really didn't know where to go. Since we had no idea we left it to them. We had a very local lunch (I think it was actually made in a local home kitchen) served to us which was delicious, our boys went crazy over the salt fish, and local juice, rum punch, soda and water was also served. We went to the underwater snorkel park and a beautiful black sand beach. The kids were jumping, diving and doing flips off the boat. They said the snorkeling was good also. My parents, 70 & 73 also came with us and loved it and had absolutely no problems getting onto the boat or off while we were docked. Even when we were getting off the boat at the end of our day 2 men came over and asked where we found this excursion because it looked like fun. I recommend finding Danny Donelan so you too can do some Savvy Sailing when your on Grenada. You won't be sorry!!! As far as buying spices, we just bought from the little shops outside of the mini mall you have to walk threw. Everyone is selling the same stuff, same packaging, same prices.......don't make yourself crazy.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

4serenity - I was looking into Savvy, but am slightly concerned that there are no other reviews. How did you find them? Do you have any concerns about recommending them? We would be a group of 16 looking for a day sail...

Tasha, Book him!! EspecialIy since you can have the boat to yourselves, that was definitely a selling point for us. I don't hesitate to recommend SailingSavvy (dotCOM). Truthfully when I booked him I was a bit hesitant for the same reason but my thought was 'how bad could it be, we were on a private tour, we were in Grenada on a boat on the water.' We are all very happy we took the chance!! It was a beautiful day and very different to sail on a Sloop than on a catamaran, it was an experience we all loved. My kids actually said it was one of the best things on this trip. Like I said, our ages ranged between 16 & 73 and EVERYONE had a great time. I can't remember but I think I found Danny on trip advisor but I'm not sure, wherever I found him I'm glad I did. If you email him he might take a day or two to get back to you as he does not only do day trips, he does 2 day trips also. You won't be sorry. Enjoy!!

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

• 1 month later...

We did end up booking Savvy - 11 of us spent a fabulous day out at sea - snorkeling and swimming to a black sand beach where we got to explore for a few hours. Lunch on board (from BB Crabbacks) was delicious, as were the drinks, local juices, salt fish and other snacks. We were out from 11am until 6:30pm so we could see the sunset. We had a hard time getting back in the boat from the water - you need a great deal of upper arm strength to climb up the ladder - but other than that, everything was amazing!

• 1 month later...