Consider how you travel to STX

CHuntMD

Take into consideration how you travel to STX. Here is what happened to my folks on Wednesday...

1:50 pm flight on Seabourne from STX to SJU then on to Charlotte then to Columbus Oh. I think the tripe was booked all together on Priceline.

While it was another perfect day in STX, SJU had large enough storms to divert to St. Thomas. The 2 hr layover in SJU was not enough, stayed the night at the hotel in the SJU airport.

Thursday AM, American/USair 4 flights during the day all full. At the end of the day they tried to find their baggage, sure enough it was in Columbus ;)

Another night at the SJU airport hotel, manager got them a deal after hearing their story ;)

Friday am, flight to Philly has 2 seats so they are headed back to the mainland.

I believe direct American out of Miami and Delta out of Atlanta are just on the weekends. Maybe it's a seasonal thing. Midweek travel to/from STX is more difficult. The Seaboune plane was 1+2 12 rows so 36 seats or so. JetBlue has has weekday flights between STX and SJU (and SJU to NYC) has 2+2 (25 rows 100 seats).

CEH