Cozumel Tequila Tour

travelgurl2

Does anyone know if the Tequila Experience by Jose Cuervo (Excursion option through Carnival) is the same as the Hacienda Antigua tour Inside Chankanaab Park ? Went on the Hacienda Antigua tour several years ago, and want to get more of that delicious blue tequila. Would rather book the excursion through cruise ship because the I really don't want to drive myself.....

I believe the tastings sponsored by Jose Cuervo serve Jose Cuervo tequilas (there are several). But could be in error. It's the Tequila Factory that has the Hacienda Antigua tequilas. You can take a taxi to their shop downtown or to the "factory" out on the transversal road to the east side. If all you want is a bottle of the H.A. blue agave, it may be available at the Dufry shops on the piers. Both places have "tastings".

If you're looking for the blue Mar Mix, there's a store that sells it just behind Casa Denis off the main square downtown.

Take Ave. Melgar north to Calle 1 Sur, which is one block before Palmeras Restaurant across from the PDC ferry terminal. Turn right (east) onto Calle 1 and walk about 2 blocks in. You will pass an HSBC and Casa Denis on your right. Just behind Casa Denis you will find the tequila shop.

They have the blue Mar Mix, along with many other tasty tequilas, including an orange and a chocolate.

We enjoy this tequila so much, that I usually end up bringing home 10-15 litres of it in wine bladders every time we go...

There are other souvenir shops in San Miguel that sometimes carry the 750 ml bottles of the blue.

Cheers, P:)