Help - 1056 On Serenade

Anyone stayed in this room.....is it noisy being under the WJ seating area?

How about the ping pong table on deck 10......can't decide whether or not to take this or something on deck 9..........have 9592 booked but might change if the noise isn't bad on 1056.

We usually stay on deck 9 centrum area, so I am used to the centrum noise, which isn't an issue.

thanks

Edited by billsgal

1056 isn't under the ping pong tables and the WJ outdoor seating. It's a little forward of that. It's right under some of the pool seating. We just got off Serenade in 1054, which is right next door to 1056 and is just aft of 1056. We didn't hear any noise from above (but we did hear a lot of creaking, perhaps because of faulty install of the new 1054, which used to be the Concierge Lounge). But that's a post for another thread. But we heard no noise from above.

1056 isn't under the ping pong tables and the WJ outdoor seating. It's a little forward of that. It's right under some of the pool seating. We just got off Serenade in 1054, which is right next door to 1056 and is just aft of 1056. We didn't hear any noise from above (but we did hear a lot of creaking, perhaps because of faulty install of the new 1054, which used to be the Concierge Lounge). But that's a post for another thread. But we heard no noise from above.

We are in 1054 in June. Looking forward to that other thread and any pics you may have. :)

Macbeth 09

I am a little confused by your statement that 1056 is right next to 1054, which used to be the CL. According to the deck plan (April 2015 and later), 1054 and 1056 are separated by the Centrum elevators, and 1056 is AFT of 1054, not forward. We haven't been on Serenade, but have cruised a lot on BR and JW, and usually in 9078, which is right below the old CL, and that room had a lot of creaking (9078) so I don't know if it's the fault of bad installation or just a part of the ship that creaks a lot (like me, I'm old and creaky:D

I know the ping pong table on JW and BR is right in the passageway between the pool seating and the WJ seating, and I was concerned about that and the noise from the pool seating.

Did they enlarge the balcony of 1054 so it could be used, or is it still the same as it was when 1054 was the CL?

thanks,

Macbeth 09

I am a little confused by your statement that 1056 is right next to 1054, which used to be the CL. According to the deck plan (April 2015 and later), 1054 and 1056 are separated by the Centrum elevators, and 1056 is AFT of 1054, not forward. We haven't been on Serenade, but have cruised a lot on BR and JW, and usually in 9078, which is right below the old CL, and that room had a lot of creaking (9078) so I don't know if it's the fault of bad installation or just a part of the ship that creaks a lot (like me, I'm old and creaky:D

I know the ping pong table on JW and BR is right in the passageway between the pool seating and the WJ seating, and I was concerned about that and the noise from the pool seating.

Did they enlarge the balcony of 1054 so it could be used, or is it still the same as it was when 1054 was the CL?

thanks,

I think this question might actually be directed to ChicagoBound, as I have not yet sailed, but I see from the deck plan your question makes sense. I might offer that Windjammer is I believe open during dinner hours, so I imagine it may be relatively quiet during the late nights. Perhaps better than 1054, and forward cabins, which may be subject to the reorg of deck chairs by the crew. I'm not sure about the ping pong tables.

Unlike Brilliance and Radiance, there is no small balcony for 1054 on Serenade. It does have floor to ceiling windows, which is probably the same as when it was the CL.