has cunard too many complaints about queen victoria

uncle grumpy

we had a few issues about the queen victoria maiden voyage and wrote to cunard on 08/01/08.todate no reply,have they been overwhelmed with complaints.on board we wrote to the hotel manager and no reply either.does any fellow cunarders know how long for a reply.shortly i want every body to e-mail cunard on a date i will anounce to save our beloved QE 2.i miss every thing thats good about cruising on that ship.:mad:

we had a few issues about the queen victoria maiden voyage and wrote to cunard on 08/01/08.todate no reply,have they been overwhelmed with complaints.on board we wrote to the hotel manager and no reply either.does any fellow cunarders know how long for a reply.shortly i want every body to e-mail cunard on a date i will anounce to save our beloved QE 2.i miss every thing thats good about cruising on that ship.:mad:

Firstly, most people I've spoken to, or read reports from, have been very happy with Queen Victoria.

Secondly, however much we love RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 her days are over. Even if the Dubai deal hadn't been struck, SOLAS 2010 would almost certainly have finished her. She's very old. It is only because she's a proper liner that she is still sailing at all. I'd prefer she went out in a blaze of glory befitting such a magnificent ship than gradually began to get more and more unreliable - as it is one can't sail on her without a slightly laissez faire view to breakdowns.

Matthew

If Cunard work to 26days working days for a reply which is the norm for ABTA registered companies then you should expect a reply any day now. Odd though that you haven't even had an acknowledgement, maybe you should send a registered letter so you can get a signature on reciept. Royal Mail aren't exactly reliable.

Uncle G, if you booked through a TA, you might as him/her to forward an email to a contact at Cunard that he/she knows personally.

That's what I did this Dec when, for the first time in 25+ Cunard voyages I was very unhappy with some aspects of my cruise. I got a letter specifically adressing my points (not a form letter) within about three weeks, pretty good when you consider the time period included Christmas and New Years, which means extra days when the offices are closed.

Much as it saddens me to admit QE2 is leaving, I have to agree with Matthew. The deal has been struck and it's way too late to mount a "save the QE2" campaign. It was tried right after the deal was announced and nothing came of it.

Kathy

I have contacted Cunard about 10 times via email, and have always had a reply within 7 days, usually a lot sooner.

U Grumpy, did you receive an system email stating that your message had been received and would be soon acted upon? If not, there is a distinct possibility that your message did not get through.

As for mass emailing about QE2, are you serious? Contracts have been signed and delivered. As Matthew stated, QE2 would shortly be out of service anyway, and maintenance would shortly be scaled back.

James

we had a few issues about the queen victoria maiden voyage
Cunard would probably have been surprised if there were no issues on the maiden voyage. Testing systems and sea trials can only go part of the way. To thoroughly test all the systems on board a large ship, you need to "load" test, in other words run every system at full capacity to find the areas that need improvement.

I would have thought that anyone who bought a ticket for a maiden voyage would expect some problems, but maybe they had different expectations. :confused:

If everyone who experienced issues on the Queen Victoria complained in writing, as you did, Cunard must be swamped. :eek:

I agree with Matthew regarding the QE2. She can't go on for ever. The biggest issue with the QV (and the QM2) is the lack of single cabins.

Cunard are moving their main office back to Southampton this year. Perhaps that is why they are slow with replies.

I had a couple of issues I was going to mention to them about the QV Maiden Voyage but changed my mind.

Having booked on Fred Olsen's Balmoral on 18th February, I am keeping my fingers crossed as that did not even go on its inaugural cruise! They are still working on it. I may just have to wait until April to pick up the QE2 in New York.

Maureen

I was on the QV maiden voyage and thought the whole thing was excellent. Yes there were some teething problems, but nothing that affected me. On the last day, some of the lifts were not working and the toilet flush stopped working, but I could see no merit in complaining as I was getting off the ship anyway and I am sure it was all working before the next lot of passengers embarked. I will certainly be looking a furture voyages on the QV in 2009, I'm all booked up on QM2 this year:p

Archived