St. Thomas/Coral World logistics - advice please.

RCmommy

I am planning our first time to St. Thomas on our upcoming cruise. I would appreciate some advice/feedback.

We know we want to go to Coral World. My son is an absolute turtle lover and would like to do the sea turtle encounter. That particular encounter is not offered as an excursion so I am researching transportation options.

I have read many posts about taking a taxi. Is the taxi a car that would just fit our family or is the "taxi" a bus that would take numerous passengers?

I looked at Shore Trips and the price for their excursion for the four of us is $320. Not happening.

Is there another tour company I should look at, or would you just suggest grabbing a taxi as mentioned?

After we finish at Coral World will there be available taxis waiting?

We would like to do the ski lift ride thingy (name I don't recall) to Paradise Point after. Would I be telling the taxi driver we are going back to the cruise port or the lift ride? I know they are close, but I am not certain how close.

I know these seem pretty basic questions for many but for someone who has never been, I appreciate the help.

Taxis are everywhere in St Thomas. As soon as you leave the ship you make your way through the shops to the taxis. There are signs clearly directing you. Once you get to the lot tell them you are going to Coral World and they will direct.you to the open air taxi headed there. They hold 20 or so people. If you leave early in the morning shortly after arriving you won't wait long at all to leave. At the end of your time there again plenty of taxis waiting to take you back.

Paradise Point is lovely. A short walk from port. Check the price on line. Many people report that the ship price is the same or less. A good way to use on board credit if you have some.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Note. If you want beach time...Coral World is at Coki Beach. I don't love that beach as I think there are many better ones there. But you have a full day planned so if you want a quick dip the beach is there.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk