Beach Day in Roatan

CruisersfromMD

I will be cruising on the Valor and NOV with a bunch of family members. My sister-in-law and I would like a FUN, relaxing beach day.

There are 2 excsurions that Carnival offers: Coral Cay Beach Break and Tabyana Beach Day.

1)Are there restaurants at both beaches?

2)How far are each stop from the ship?

3) Does anyone prefer one over the other?

I chose Tabyana when I went there in May. I have never been to Coral Cay.

1) There was a restaurant at Tabyana. The sign outside said there were hamburgers, hot dogs and french fries. I don't know what more options there were, if any. Prices were reasonable.

2) The bus ride was about 30 minutes to Tabyana but 20 minutes back to the ship. Beautiful scenery both ways!

3) I chose Tabyana over Coral Cay after speaking with the person at the Excursion Desk onboard. He suggested that the water was clearer at Tabyana than at Coral Cay. In fairness, I have read in reviews since that that is not necessarily the case.

I asked the same question a little while ago, and there wasn't really a consensus. After some discussion with DH, I think we are going to go to Coral Cay because they have a marine area where you can see nurse sharks, sea turtles, and rays.

Both seem to have equally good snorkling, food, etc.

The beaches at Tabyana and Coral Cay are both very beautiful.....Tabyana is an area of the public West Bay Beach. Coral Cay is a private resort...they are opposite directions for each other and on a cruise ship day would take about the same amount of time to get to (20-30 minutes).

Coral Cay offers their own bar and restaurant and that will be your only choice as it is an isolated location, while at Tabyana you can walk the beach and eat and drink at a wide variety of bars and restaurants...as far as water clarity is concerned they are both beautiful and there is no difference. Coral Cay's guests will be primarily (if not exclusively)be cruise ship people while you are there, while West Bay Beach, being public, will have everyone.

Hope this helps.

Have not been to Coral Cay, but loved Tabyana. We spent a week in Honduras awhile ago and went there most days. You can take a water taxi(short ride) to the west end where there is a lot of shops and restaraunts. There are also resorts along the beach that have food and drink.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived